when you bringin your boat out off the water?

Hector-8

I'm thinking end of September. Then out for six months and launch beginning of April.

I know there are really good days in winter, but in reality there's a lot of bad days when it's being tossed about on the berth and I've had a cracking summer out of it so I'd rather draw a line under it and pull her out and know she's safe.

I might even get a full overall cover that wraps around and down to the waterline for when she's out. My father has one for his boat and it works well.

[ QUOTE ]

i could mybe get you one cheap.my uncles the monterry dealer here.i could ask him for you if you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Hector but I don't think it was a standard Monterey option, I would probably have to have one custom made.

[ QUOTE ]

Ari,

Just make sure you get the hull very clean first.

Anything left behind under the cover will just act as wet+dry paper all winter - not good !

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the thought of it chafing does concern me. I thought though that maybe I could get plenty of mutton cloth or something to go between the cover and the boat where it touches.

My other concern is condensation or dampness under the cover.

Is that additional bathing platform standard?

If it is then it looks to me like a 21ft boat that they've bolted a lump of fibreglass to in order to call it a 23 and price it higher. If you look at the hull it's already got a bathing platform and then it's got that additional one. crazy.gif