Advice on 1.9 or 2.0 Tdi please

vanduara37

Haven,t posted in a while but am looking for advice,i have to change my A4 3.0L Quattro sport for something more economical as my wife has left her hairdresser job & is now doing mobile hairdressing.I am going to BCA car auction on wednesday with over 300 Audis and am undecided between 1.9 or 2.0 Tdi s line, any info will be gratefully appreciated or should i keep the Quattro and ditch the wife ?

If you're going for a B7 get the 2.0TDi. My G/F had the B7 1.9TDi S-Line, unlike the B6, it is now the 115bhp version only and it is noisy and very scary for overtaking - only has a 5 speed 'box as well. The upside is that it can return almost 60mpg - but you never get that because you have ti thrash it so much!

We had a B7 1.9TDi when our B6 1.9TDi 130 was getting serviced and it was appalling.

SLow slow slow. As said above, mpg suffers because you have to boot it everywhere.

The 2.0TDi 140 is a much better bet, but then it will aslo be more expensive. THe 170 is better again as the engines is more refined, but again it's more beer vouchers.

Well, went to the auction today and ended up getting a 2005 2.0l tdi s line with 9000miles ,drove from Birmingham up to Scotland & was really impressed with performance & economy.Will post some pics of the car but don,t really like the wheels could do with 18 or better 19" to set it off.(by the way paid £18k "ouch" but is really original car what do you think of the price? )

Totally agree about the price,It was a BCA invitation auction for approved Audi dealers & loyalty card holders(friend of mine has card)so most of the buyers were Audi franchises & personally i don,t know where they are going with these cars at these prices,every single car was at least £500-£1000 dearer than Glasses guide book prices.