1 year old car, 33k on the clock - would you?

R32North

I would summarise my skills as:  

1. 1. I would summarise my skills as:

• I should have my licence confiscated
    • Worse than average
    • About average
    • Slightly better than average
    • Generally better than average
    • Much better than average
    • I am the best driver I know
    • I could be a professional racing driver

Need to change the car(s) and while walking past VW in Edinburgh at lunchtime I spotted a nice looking MKV GT TDi, 5dr.

Thing is its a 05 plate, reg'd June 05, but its done 33k miles.

Now 33k miles is nothing really, but for a 1 year old car its quite a bit. Car looked in very good condition so I'm assuming its been business / m-way miles.

So, vote below and feel free to comment, as I've never connsider a high mile new car before.

169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

I bought my 55 plate A4 in Novembaer last year with 5k on the clock. It now has 27K on it doing 100 miles a day is had its first service and due for its second in 5k. As long as the car has been maintained you wshould have no problems in my view, And with it being a TD1 @33k it only just run in and will give you better performance and mpg than if you had bought it new

If the price reflects the higher than average mileage and its been looked after then I'd say its not a problem. I've done 17K in the TT since October last year, its just starting to get run in nicely. 169144-ok.gif

Cars don't mind miles as long as they are looked after properly especially the soot chuckers! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What price is it up for? If the price is right, then 33k miles is just getting run in, and I'd take it for a good days test drive and hammer it to see that everything holds ok, then buy it. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Model: Golf Price: £13,995

Body Style: Hatchback Mileage: 33,995*

Trim: GT Date registered: Jun 2005

Engine Size: 2.0 Registration: ST05USH

Fuel Type: Diesel Colour: Red

Transmission: Manual Interior Colour: anthracite

Est. Availability: Now Interior Material: siempre cloth

903336-UsedCarImage.aspx.jpg

The other GT TDi on VW site with similar spec but lower miles seem to be about £1.5k-£2k dearer.

My main concvern was if I decide to get another car in a6-12 months then will I run into problem shifting it with higher miles or get atrocious trade-in values?

I had a good look round it on the forecourt and its claen, ie no dints or scratches. A few minor scuffs on the alloys, but does have recently new tyres.

I have think about a TD and see what VW will offer as a trade on the Skoda. I know the finance mananger at Western, so I'll skip the saleman and go direct.

smile.gif

post-2863-1379143716_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

It's about right for price from a main dealer, nothing special really on the deal. You could get another one for about the same money off Autotrader, and cheaper if private sale.

I'd go for £500 off that and maybe a deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, I thought the price was right for the age / mileage, but found another on Autotrader, better spec, on an 04 plate for £12,995..... bjt by the looks of the cars the dealer is selling and his prices I think he has high milers on his lot!

Eg, 2004 “54” BMW 525d SE @ £17,995 !!!!!!!!!!!!! (new shape)

Popped intoday for a chat with Brian (finance manager whom I know), and he advised that now the bodyshop has been reloacted they've started a used premium (99% Audi) sales dept out back.... had a look in and theres a few nice cars, plus they've got a new buyer who is on a mission to get lots of new cars in to fill this space out back.

Brian wants a peek at the Skoda but he'll take it on PX and the other cars I've traded with him he's awlays given a good price...... we'll have to see what transpires over the coming weeks.

smile.gif