Conneting phones to BT

Fergy

• 4 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

You can only connect one phone at a time. Did you have the other phone connected to the car when you tried?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got three 'phones paired with the 5, but obviously it'll only let you use one at a time...however they are all visible via i-drive 169144-ok.gif

Not sure if it's the same in non i-drive cars, but you go to the settings/communications menu (from memory) and the screen has a message something like 'phone may be paired now'. Then you carry out the normal pairing process, exchanging passkeys, and off you go

HTH

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

now Peter theres a puzzling one, so are you saying that if 2 phones are paired in the memory then they will both ring through the system. Because I think that when the car is started it either picks up last one paired or which ever it picks up first.

picked up my new 3.0d sport 2 weeks ago and not yet connected the phone, teh garage tried to pair my sony k750i but it wouldnt connect. They tried some nokia phones that paired straight away. Is there a problem with all sony ericsson phones or is it just the 750i. Hello to all btw and love the car. Supposed to be my partners car but love driving it.

[ QUOTE ]

now Peter theres a puzzling one, so are you saying that if 2 phones are paired in the memory then they will both ring through the system. Because I think that when the car is started it either picks up last one paired or which ever it picks up first.

[/ QUOTE ]

It may well just pick up whichever it feels like; if so, I've always been lucky in that it has picked up the one that rings 169144-ok.gif I can't recall having received 'calls on both 'phones during one journey though, but have certainly made outgoing calls on both

Peter

• 2 weeks later...