Fed up of my car!

FunkyJon

Has anyone else had a car that just seems to be jinxed? Few months ago I bought a 2002 Bora 1.9 TDI S, mainly for a bit of high mileage comfort and decent fuel economy, and in thoses 3 months or so I've had the following crop up:

Glove box lid broke of it's own accord one night, still waiting for parts to get it fixed!

Warning light on the dash that keeps flashing despite efforts by the dealer to get rid of it, they assure me it doesn't effect the car and there's nothing wrong beyond this light having a mind of it's own!

ALL the brake lights stopped working

Then last week some fekr.gif scratched the bootlid and rear driver side door, looks to have been a key!

Some other fool then decided to take a corner too tight while my car was parked in the last spot of a row of parking spaces and consequently put huge rubs on my front bumper and dented the front wing.

AND on saturday a merc driver wasn't paying attention on a narrow road, came over into my lane and cracked the casing on my driver side wing mirror! Didn't even stop just carried on mad.gif

To top it all off its now due it's 80,000 miles service which is gonna be steep plus i'm pretty sure it's gonna need new tyres and most likely pads on the front frown.gif

So, the car - which I have to say I was enjoying before all this happened - has lost all it's magic and appeal for me, just want to be shot of it now! Is that a stupid way of seeing things? I just want a change now I don't even want to drive this car anymore for fear of whats gonna happen next!

I'm thinking of getting something sporty now, may as well enjoy driving before something inevitably goes wrong!

Maybe something like this rather nice Astra coupe a few miles down the road from my work which i may have a look at while on me lunch, hmmm......

903896-astra1.jpg

post-10504-137914371659_thumb.jpg

nope its not a stupid way of seeing things i've had my fair share of problems with my tdi golf including a new cylinder head i don't have any confidence in that car now, its also due for its 80k service, it has a few niggles at the moment which i'm sure is goingto cost me, only had the stupid thing 9 months UHOH7.GIF

Oh yes.

Bought a 2003 1.9DCI Laguna from my dad in January.

He had no problems with it but I have had it in to the dealers 3 times with a fuel injection problem, I reversed in to a gate post 10 days ago and smashed the nearside miror and I snapped a wheelnut in the hub when replacing the wheel last weekeend. The childlocks warning keeps coming on aswell but the dealers cant find anything wrong with them.

Althought these are all self inflicted ot "wear and tear" problems, after owning a Passat for 3 years before this I have absolutely no confidence in this car at all. I am grateful when I hear it start on a morning.

Oh, and all 4 glowplugs need replacing.

Not sure rusty, the light first came on about 2 weeks before my brake lights gave up the ghost, the brake lights have since been fixed but the light has returned! Yes it is the glow plug light Btw smile.gif i'm pretty sure it is anyway!

The interior of the astra is a bit dull but this one is an SE2 special edition complete with tarty seats, thus smile.gif

post-10504-137914371661_thumb.jpg

I feel for you.

At the same stage with my 1969 Porker. Still love it but I don't drive it as much as I should and therefore the little nigling problems (battery discharging/slight flat spot/oil dumped on road!)you get on a car that old are annoying me more than they should. Basically the fun/cost ratio is not working for me.

Seriously thinking of selling up and getting a new fun daily driver. The MCS will have to go as well.

Is it a VW thing ? ooo.gif

I have had my Passat 2 years now or just over and was never 100% happy but was nice to drive but have had problem on and off since purchase now has a list of errors ( about5 to be exact) and reading another post says that 1 of them will be £792 not to mention some git hitting the front in a car park and of course driving off and now have a nasty rattle noise in the driver side wheel arch! mad.gif

It is going in for its 100K service early September and depending on wat they say it will cost it might be going up for sale soon after!!