Crack in the welding

FuntimeFrankie

are you sure its weld, some of the adhesives they use looks like that frown.gif Ally alloy is a softer material but not that soft for you to be able to move it with a nail, especially in that area wink.gif

If that is the ally which I dooubt then have you been driving your 8 or flying it?

[ QUOTE ]

they use a lot of stick on material which I presume is sound deadening, which is sprayed body colour.

[/ QUOTE ]

As the man says?

But dont drive that too far/fast or anywhere other than the garage.

If that is metal, Get the A8 customer support team on it! If you turn up at the stealers like that, you'll not get a loaner/Audi UK might supply a loaner...

I'm checking mine first thing in the morning, I'd respectfully suggest that we all get to it too! frown.gif

Good luck! 169144-ok.gif

Having looked closer im still going with the above, on the basis that the line above the tear (looks a bit like a crease) looks a bit rough which suggests its sealer or protection of some sort rather than metal, and also that you can see metal behind the tear. Best to double check but I shouldnt panic quite yet 169144-ok.gif

Thanks chaps, I feel much better. I'll obviously still get it checked, but I can't imagine a 5 year old, once flag ship model of the Audi brand, which doesn't get driven hard, having a crack in the suspension housing.

I will keep you all posted

But as somebody already mentioned, its not an area that you would normally see, so I suggest you take a look when you get the chance, just to be sure 169144-ok.gif