why oh why

collease

Do some drivers have no perception of the size of their car.

I have been seeing this more and more that people in small cars will not put their cars into gaps that could fit a lorry.

Its starting to get on my nerves as its usually at traffic lights or at junctions where people are turning right. There is near,y always enough room to fit a big range rover through and yet they think they cant fit their yaris through the gap.

I was driving along a road which is 4 lanes but has no central reservation, you know the type that you get on the outskirts of town.

Well I was on the outside lane with a car on my inside, and there was a girl coming towards me in a 106 on her outside lane, she has a small Iveco lorry on her inside. Typical woman, no perception of space shat herself and came partly onto my side of the road last minute, I had nowhere to go and thought "oh feck, 50mph and this is gonna be close", lucklily we only clipped mirrors, but unlucky for her mine is metal!! I looked in my rear view mirror to see her's explode all over the road!! grin.gif

I regularly get this problem. But its a case of not giving me enough room until your right on top of me. Oncomimg drivers seem to think its a smaller car, then you see the realism dawn on their stupid faces mad.gif when we're stuck down the back streets of London hoping I can squeeze the A8 into a gap fit only for a moped smashfreakB.gif

I find that the smaller the car the more room they need from the kerb! I live out in the Fens and several roads are quite narrow. If I see a small car or a 4x4 coming then I know I'll have to stop. frown.gif Basically, the small cars leave a gap of about a metre from the edge of the road and the SUV's won't get over at all. I actually have a Freelander driver ask me to go onto the grassy/bank as he couldn't get past, silly twit was in a 4x4 and I was in a hatch...hmm...

p.s. anyone who lives near Durham will hate the A690 (I think) 4-lanned bridge over the Weir, bloody nightmare as you've nearly always got two buses somewhere on it, leaving 1.5 lanes for the other vehicles.

[ QUOTE ]

southern england. You mean they drive 4x4's in southern england i thought they all drove GTI's smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No ... the lack of parking spaces means you need to park on the kerb. Only a 4x4 can cope with that kind of terrain... coffee.gif