gti beat car........not fair

Maxyboy

just heard from someone in the know......

the local police force have just ordered a handful of gti's as CID cars and beat cars.. shocked.gif

unbelievable........

but here is the more amazing part.......

they have picked them up for a shade over 11k....

dont imagine they will have any spec in them right enough but still.......how they can do it yet we cant.....not fair.....

and no....they are not white..... sekret.gif

I bet they will be silver!!

I think that they will look quite cool with stripe and the flashing lights.

When I worked for Rover, for my sins, about 12 years ago, the Police used to run R600 and R800 police cars, and they always had higher compression engines, different cylinder heads and other mods. I wonder if this will be the same for the GTI? coffee.gif

Don't think they will be 11K unless there special stripped out models and they could be, Skoda and BMW have done police specs in the past.

Also on the price remember that people that work for VW for example get a huge discount, iirc they get more than we get at Nissan(22%) also remember this is ontop of whatever discount you manage to get at a dealer, so it could be feasible as there unlikly to pay VAT to get a huge discount.

As an example a mate of mine got over 4K off his focus ST2 due to Ford Privelege.

[ QUOTE ]

Also on the price remember that people that work for VW for example get a huge discount, iirc they get more than we get at Nissan(22%)

[/ QUOTE ]

....Hmmm, by coincidence I met a very nice lady this morning who works at VW. I got very direct eye contact and the right vibes. She told me she'd be there again on Saturday if I wanted to swing by and I have already decided I will ask her out to lunch. I wonder if she gets discount? grin.gif Tee Hee.

[ QUOTE ]

Don't think they will be 11K unless there special stripped out models and they could be

[/ QUOTE ]

trust me............11k.......

the person i spoke to was the person who sourced the vehicles.......

if it was a wind up i would have known....and he aint a liar.....

in time i will find out the spec......

would be interesting sekret.gif

also.....if you look at the focus st thread in "spotted"....you will see someone saying that bmw are offering the 1.gifto the police at nearly half price......

it happens.....

it is happening........the gits smashfreakB.gif