Huge charity car meet -2007-who's interested???

v15ben

Heaven and Hell - do you believe?  

1. 1. Heaven and Hell - do you believe?

• Yes, I believe.
    • No, I don't believe.
    • Hmm, I'm not sure whether I believe or not.

The idea:

The plan is to find a large venue, centrally located within England. We will then invite as many car enthusiasts as possible to attend and park up at the venue. Any type of car from a Skoda to a Veyron, no matter what you drive, if you are an enthusiast then this is for you!

You can then spend the day chatting to other enthusiasts, admiring the cars on show and generally basking in automotive joy for the day.

We will also have some donation buckets around the venue all day to try and raise as much money as we can for charity. The charity chosen is a school recently set up in Tanzania. The school is always looking for funding to provide facilities, equipment and enjoyable activities for students.

The formula then is pretty simple and it will be pretty easy to have a great day.

Would you attend this event?

The plan is to hold the event in spring 2007 (possibly May/June) at a suitable venue. This gives plenty of time to organise a great day, promote the event and generally get sorted. A similar event at Virginia Waters this February attracted 200+ cars and others were turned away at the entrance because the venue was full. We hope to find a bigger venue and have many more than 200 cars!

All I want to know today, is would you be interested in attending an event like this? No commitment, just an expression of interest.

Please vote below and thanks for taking the time to read this post 169144-ok.gif

MODS: Can we make this a sticky and possibly a link from General Cars too? Thanks 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

June's often kinda busy. You want to avoid 16th/17th for certain.

[/ QUOTE ]

It definitely won't clash with that weekend. I will be at the other massive car meet too 169144-ok.gif

I was thinking more of a date a little earlier in the year to break up that drag between Christmas/New Year and the fun driving time of the summer. Possibly early May??

[ QUOTE ]

Tyresmoke already has the annual Summer Audi Cab meet and the early-autumn Buxton meet, plus this year a mega northern meet?

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

No question about it - we had a cracking inaugrual event that will be annual from hereon. 169144-ok.gif

However, I still think there is scope for a TSN National Meet, but it's something I think would need to be arranged from on high rather than a user organised event.

[ QUOTE ]

Prospective dates at the moment are the first weekend in June or the weekend after that 169144-ok.gif

I am thinking of a pre Le Mans extraveganza 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you thinking along the lines of 'Cars in the Park' mate??

That would've been good this year when we all met up had it not been chucking it down!!

Speaking of which - next one is organised for 1st October.

I will put up a post in a few weeks to remind folks. TSN presence would be good again!

Just make sure you know where you are supposed to be meeting up Ben - after all - you were the organiser!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Tyresmoke already has the annual Summer Audi Cab meet and the early-autumn Buxton meet, plus this year a mega northern meet? Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

No question about it - we had a cracking inaugrual event that will be annual from hereon. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stuff! Looked like a very good turn out. Those Clios.... smlove2.gif

Ian

Moi.... Non 169144-ok.gif

I wasn't having a good day after some scrotes broke into the garage and I had kind of forgotten to check where the venue was wink.gif My mate suggested it and I just agreed 169144-ok.gif

I have a few leads for this event and I might try to combine it with something else exciting that people will enjoy 169144-ok.gif

Watch this space.

As for the next Cars in the Park Simon, I will try and get back home for it but will have to see 169144-ok.gif