Audi i pod connector

Am thinking about having the Audi i pod connection fitted to my car, I have a symphony front loading 6 disc changer system with Bose, at present I use a tape adaptor but the quality is not great. Have had FM modulators in the past and found the quality/reception to be a bit hit and miss.

Before I do it, I have a few questions which I’m hoping someone can help me with.

Audi have quoted me a special fitted price of £180, is this good value ?

They recommend I put the lead in the glove box as the I pod can be operated via the head unit. Does that mean that the playlist etc comes up on the screen of the head unit ? If not, how do you know what playlist you are on ?

Has anyone had experience of the Audi adaptor, if so, good or bad ?

Does anyone have any other alternatives to the adaptor ?

Sorry for all the questions!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Ta for the reply,how do you know whats playing if the i pod is in the glove box ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The radio shows a CD number instead of a playlist name, and a track number instead of the track name.

The maximum CD number is 6, IIRC CDs 1-5 are the first 5 playlists and CD 6 is everything else. SOmeone will correct me if that's wrong ...

(I have posted this in the A4 forum aswell - so apologies for duplicating)

Quick question, friend of mine is looking to buy a new A4 - anyway he was speaking to the dealers re iPod link, and was told not to bother just now as there is a newer one coming out very soon? confused.gif

Any ideas? As I was thinking of buying one in the next week or so? 169144-ok.gif

Think 180 is list. audi are bringing a USB port out to join the ipod, thus allowing everyone that actully doesnt own a yawn ipod to connect our much better mp3 players.

this is due week 10 2007 so wouldnt hold your breath. will be around same amount to buy.

dealer couldnt tell me if i plugged my mps into a usb port or if it had a usb cable hanging out. the usb port would br much better.