Tyre Deflating Issue

Phantom

Driving down the M1 yesterday and the tyre pressure monitoring came alive cool.gif, 'Check Tyre Pressures', I did so and it turns out the front Driver's side tyre had gone from 40 to 14psi crazy.gif

I thought it might be a slow puncture, so just taken it into Kwik Fit and they removed the tyre but couldn't find anything either in the tyre or anything wrong with the rim.

So why is the tyre going down then ?, my guess is possibly a faulty valve?

Any thoughts from the TSN posse grin.gif

May well be a faulty valve.

On a recent TSN meet, NiGhT drove to the Scottish Borders and found he had what looked like a puncture. However he had a mini compressor with him and after re-inflating it, it was OK and didn't go back down.

It's nice to know your DIS works though grin.gif

Yeah I was curious to see what the £200 option gave me, wasn't sure if it would tell me which tyre was deflating or the individual tyre pressures, but 'Check Tyre Pressures' coming up on the DIS is better than nothing, especially from a safety point of view 169144-ok.gif

HI! I had the same on my car. First time it turned out to be leaking between the rim and the tyre and then between the valve and rim. I found the best way of testing was to mix a weak solution of water and washing up liquid and poured round the rim. Good luck in sourcing it!

Paul

Well I still have the problem, had to change the wheel today, when I took off the deflating wheel I noticed a load of scratches on it, bloody tyre monkeys at Kwik Fit, totally useless at removing wheels without wrecking them smashfreakB.gif

However the tyre monitoring system is still showing a deflated tyre, anyone know if the spare wheel is fittd with the monitor system ?, if not does it take some time for the transmitter on the wheel rim to sync up properly.

Will have to take a trip to the stealers I think, glad I paid for the upgraded full size alloy grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Driving down the M1 yesterday and the tyre pressure monitoring came alive cool.gif, 'Check Tyre Pressures', I did so and it turns out the front Driver's side tyre had gone from 40 to 14psi

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have thought that it would come on a lot quicker than that.

14 psi in a tyre on a motorway is going to build up a lot of heat and blow your tyre, your luckly it didn't.

On my car it lets me know when there is a drop of just 2 psi

Waiting untill it gets to 14 psi is a waist of time as you'd be able to feel that the tyre was very low pressure in the steering.

[ QUOTE ]

However the tyre monitoring system is still showing a deflated tyre, anyone know if the spare wheel is fittd with the monitor system ?, if not does it take some time for the transmitter on the wheel rim to sync up properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

TPMS monitors all 5 wheels - except on B7 RS4s because they don't have a spare!