[Audi A3/S3] would I be mad??

stewarta13wsb

2.0Tdi DSG, 17" alloys, CD changer, Cruise, Leather, Heated Seats, Rear Parking Sensors, Electric Lumbar. Bought July 05 & only 6696 miles on the clock, BUT...

wasn't my spec at the time (just close) I took it because I didn't want to wait 3 months.

My own spec with other extras like interior light pack, light & rain sensor pack, Xenon Plus, Bose and nicer alloys is £25,500 on the Audi Configure thingy.

My question is, do you think I would be mad to change so soon, and what do you think I'd get for mine + discount on the new one?

stewart probably not what you want to hear but think you would lose too much money part ex with a stealer.sounds like a good spec car and i am assuming its the same as your avatar.think if it where me i would treat myself to some nice alloys and upgrade to bose stereo 169144-ok.gif

You can fit the interior lights for around £10, you can add some RS4 style alloys for about £800, and you can get CraigyB to install you the DVD Nav+ for a grand.

So you can transform your car for about £1800.

Your car is worth around £15-16k selling it privately or £13-14k trade in, I would just buy the bits to make it feel fresh again. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You can fit the interior lights for around £10,

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for replying to both smirk.gif Your lights for £10 can't be a dealer thing though, they wouldn't open the drivers door for £10! I'm guessing you're talking about the Paul-S3 DIY job - his looked great, mine would be a disaster - am I right or is there another £10 alternative?

When Gizze says you can fit the interior lights for 10 quid what he means is you can fit the red LED's in the overhead reading lights/sunroof console. ie. not the rest of the interior light pack such as door handle illuminators, puddle lights, cubby hole lights, footwell lights etc. They are not a DIY job while the leds in the overhead console is. Good thing too as its these LEDS in the overhead console that are the 'Showcase' part of the interior light pack anyway.

I am actually getting on the blower to my local service and parts dept in a few minutes (closed for lunch) funnily enough, to book my car in for a service and to order the part which I will be fitting myself in a few days. Would love to get the RNS-E too but unfortunately I don't have aircon, just manual air and afaik you can only order or retrofit RNS-E in combination with aircon. If someone informs me otherwise and retrofit is possible with manual air then I would be over the moon. Probably not though.

Anyway, heres the site with the DIY install guide and the part number:

http://www.audiretrofit.co.uk

I bleive the only reason you can't have RNS-E without climate is they do not make a unit that fits lower down, under the double din nav unit, however alot of people just mod their climate unit rather than buy a new one anyway, so if you do the same there is nothing to stop you getting the RNS-E. 169144-ok.gif

If anyone is still following this thread, and is interested -

I got a 'price by post' today - sent all the config details from the Audi site and 3 pictures of mine at it's gleaming best.

They offered £17,500 for mine (so dropping £5500) but didn't take anything off the price of the new one - I thought there was up to 10% to play with there from reading various posts??

That would give me a changeover cost of £8000 frown.gif - but there is another quote to come in from the garage I got the first one from. Maybe loyalty will be worth something?

If I haggle do you think there's anything more they can give??

I changed cars four times last year......from a Puma to an A4 cab then after two months to a 225 TTC then after three months to the current TTQS.

All in the cost to change was huge, factoring in depreciation, loss on part exes, HP interest - lets just say it was above £10K but below £13K!! shocked.gif

But, it happened, and I have a car now that I love. Gradually my finance is evening out with the GFV!! Yes, I wish I'd managed to choose this car initially but I then would probably have wondered...."oh, maybe I'll get a cabriolet..." etc etc

If you want to change and can afford the hit do it but don't make a habit of it! jump.gif

Worth shopping around for best figures to different dealers though. grin.gif