Mobile phone number - how to find out who it was?

AvantSE

Nah, I like my idea better.

"Morning Mr Jackson, It's Andy, the heating engineer. Just returning your call about the boiler breakdown, and wondering what time it'll be convenient to call?

What's that? You're not Mr Jackson? Well, do you live in Lorraine Crescent, Darlington?"

Well, who'm I talking to then, 'cos Mr Jackson left a message on my answerphone with this number?"

etc....... jump.gif

Well, I got a missed call from this number the other day - on both my work mobile and my personal one. And then the number was on my personal one again a couple of days ago when I did 1471.

Seems a bit odd as not many people have both numbers. I got a mate to ring it, and he said it was some bloke with a Scottish accent but couldn't get his name or why he was calling.

Will have a look into the "phone code translator thing" !!

[ QUOTE ]

Use one of those phone code translator things to find out which network it's on.

Gimme a shout if it's Orange.

[/ QUOTE ]

I in an extremely thick frame of mind tonight, can't seem to find one thru Google. Anyway, the code is 07738 - any ideas chaps ?

[ QUOTE ]

Well, I got a missed call from this number the other day - on both my work mobile and my personal one. And then the number was on my personal one again a couple of days ago when I did 1471.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought 1471 only worked on BT landlines? confused.gif Missed calls show up as the number on mobiles surely even if in the past? (20 calls on my phone).

Surely just call it back and ask who they want if you want to know who it is? crazy.gif

If i get one, i always google the number.

I.e. '01234+567890' into google and if it's a business, 9 times out of 10, it'll take you to their website or to some directory like 'Preston car dealers' and then you know not to worry and not to bother ringing back!

There's a lot of those calls at the moment though where you call back and it's a machine saying 'Please wait while we connect you to the right extension'. This is a scam apparently so hang up immediately!!

[ QUOTE ]

I got a mate to ring it, and he said it was some bloke with a Scottish accent but couldn't get his name or why he was calling.

Will have a look into the "phone translator thing" !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow!! must have been a strong accent if you need a translator!! EEK2.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

this will tell you where the sim / number is regiteres and which network it is on if that helps. (Dont forget to put 0044 at the begining and drop the first 0)

http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis⊂=phonenr

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't work if you transfer a number from one network to another though. It will only tell you what network it was originally on.

i googled this number that keeps ringing me(i think its a Liberian no.) and igot a site that sells bits for horses mouthsCORONET D-ring bitt, kr 269,-

Med ruller

En delt D-ring trinse med ruller.

Størrelser: 11,3 - 12,5 og 13,8 cm

Varenummer: 11,3 cm

12,5 cm

13,8 cm 25250911310

25250913810 13,8 cm 25250911310

if anyone who can speak liberian wants to ring this no and tell the fekr.gif to stop ringing me please do 169144-ok.gif

I've got my very own crazy mobile stalker who is really starting to pizz me right off now!

Police won't intervene as it's "non threatening" and network provider is a useless piece of dung.gif

Used the mobile number trace site (the daft muppet doesn't withold their number) and it's T-mobile/Virgin.

Is there any way to trace this moron's location so I can go round and courteously ask them to refrain from txting my number? sportifs2.gif

there is no legal way to establish who is calling you unless a crime is / has been committed due to the data protection act.

there is however a possibility that an offence is being committed under communications act. It is unlikely that you will get anywhere going down that route though!

Some networks have the facility to bar an individual number from calling you but again this probably wouldn't help as they could just call you from another number!

You could also have a number change, but the inconvenience of this may be too great.

Your best bet is to just ignore calls from this number, it normally stops fairly quickly.

how do I know about all this? Spent 11 years working for Vodafone, 6 of them as an investigator!

good luck and hope it ends soon!