Knocking on left turn

lottiefox

The turtle has developed a knocking noise on left turns, only on sharp turns into junctions etc. From the rear, difficult to pinpoint where but seems to be towards nearside. Due to not having a boot the noises in the QS resonate all over the place and its tricky to tell where it might be coming from. Its a series of knocks with the odd rattle sometimes thrown in. I've taken all the stuff out of the boot including the plastic lid, the stuff under it and the warning triangle and it remains. frown.gif

One strange coincidence - I only seem to have noticed it since it had the first AVS and Haldex oil change. Possibly related? confused.gif

Any ideas? confused.gif

I've spent today at APS having my knocking investigated.......and all I can is a HUGE thank you to the guys there. Top notch service as usual, persistence in the face of frustration and diagnosis over and above the call of duty...took 3 out of the 4 staff out who all heard what was described as a "loud and rather concerning noise" that seemed to get worse.... crazy.gif

The reason for the noise? Well, they tried....

1. Replacing rear springs - no change

2. Wobbling exhaust fittings/removing heat shield - no change

3. Checking dampers - no change

4. Checking and undoing rear ARB - no change

5. Checking all parts of rear suspension - nothing

Next on the list was Haldex units, and goodness knows what else. I was fretting.... SAUER0421.GIF

In the end we went out for an umpteenth test drive with Ed driving, and poor Nathan wedged in the rear with no seats and the boot stripped out of everything, listening as closely as possible.....he was cinvinced it was exhaust sounding and coming from one point...got back with the exhaust nice and hot....waggled it...and knock knock knock....so after painstaking diagnosis it turned out to be the mounting on the Blueflame that, when the exhaust was hot, was allowing it to move as I turned hard left. Under load it was just bumping against the valance and sounding like the underside of the car was about to drop off. You could even see the slight marks on the valance once we knew where to look. When it was cold it couldn't be replicated......

One hour later and some drilling and its sorted. 169144-ok.gif Driven home with a big smile to have my beloved turtle restored to health.

I can't recommend these guys enough. Thanks all. grin.gifcool.gif