Golf GTI Edition 30 details finally confirmed

petsy

The plus side of the wait is that you'll get to know the standard car better, and any hardware mods first, and then appreciate the re-map much more.

I've really enjoyed experiencing the effects of each mod I've done one by one over 14 months. Big brakes next week in time for 2,000 mile round trip to Berlin 169144-ok.gif.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen details of the special edition 'Fahrenheit GTI '.

Not sure if this is just for the US or not though.

dti_special_edition_8-380x253.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

"The Fahrenheit GTI introduces a unique, energetic exterior color – Fahrenheit orange – to this sporty, high performance hatchback. Each of these 1,200 models will come with a Fahrenheit badge and its unique limited edition number on a three-spoke perforated leather steering wheel, adding to the car’s individuality. This special edition offers European sport tuned suspension; 18-inch “Charleston” alloy wheels; “Fahrenheit” badging; heated leather sports seats; a sunroof; orange interior trim; orange stitching on the floor mats, DSG® boot, brake handle and steering wheel; and optional Sirius Satellite Radio. This special edition model is $27,665."

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/volkswagen/...on-ar14387.html

[ QUOTE ]

On the subject of the 30 edition anyone know what the 6 colours available that are talked about are?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they're in the .pdf link above (German)

Translated into UK colours I presume they are :

Black

Candy White

Tornado Red

Reflex Silver

Steel Grey

Diamond Black

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

On the subject of the 30 edition anyone know what the 6 colours available that are talked about are?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they're in the .pdf link above (German)

Translated into UK colours I presume they are :

Black

Candy White

Tornado Red

Reflex Silver

Steel Grey

Diamond Black

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks i missed that post 169144-ok.gif

I would have had one if it was available in shadow blue.

The PDF file has got pics with the black Monza alloys again, plus on the second last page near the colours there are two wheel choices listed - matt black "Detroit" alloys and the other ones.

I'm not the biggest fan of the black Monza's but IMHO they look far better than the other ones on the UK pics we have seen so far.

Mike.

Don't like those wheels at all. Much too fussy for the fairly clean design of the GTI. The Monzas are much better.

The only thing I'd be slightly bothered about is the extra 30 horses. Even so, I don't think it really needs the extra power, not that I'd turn it down, but I think it's just right as it is. I hope they do something about the extra wheelspin that will result.

I don't like the flat black "Detroit" (black monza II) but i do quite like the cross spoke rim "Rockingham" ones in the PDF, I wonder what a silver 5 door would look like.

Still wish they had made shadow blue an option as i really like the colour coding of the shadowblue R32s

[ QUOTE ]

The only thing I'd be slightly bothered about is the extra 30 horses. Even so, I don't think it really needs the extra power, not that I'd turn it down, but I think it's just right as it is. I hope they do something about the extra wheelspin that will result.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that with my GTI, but it makes all the difference, in my view all GTI's should come with this power 169144-ok.gif