Golf GTI Edition 30 details finally confirmed

petsy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

i have been waiting for a few months for this car, didnt want to buy anything untill i saw it. wish i hadnt bothered now. just gonna order what i should have done 2 months ago

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having the same dilemma.... there wasn't any contest when the MK4 Anni came out... you'd have been crazy to buy a standard Golf GTI back then as the price of the Anni was very competitive and the extra's were really nice.

With this model the price is too steep, and there are too many otpions!

With the spec I want I'm looking at spending over £25k and for a bit more money I can buy an S3.

I just don't get it and it's annoying! sportifs2.gif

IMO the car should cost £23k inc DSG, Xenon's and a decent soundpack. beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm having the same dilemma.... there wasn't any contest when the MK4 Anni came out... you'd have been crazy to buy a standard Golf GTI back then as the price of the Anni was very competitive and the extra's were really nice.

With this model the price is too steep, and there are too many otpions!

With the spec I want I'm looking at spending over £25k and for a bit more money I can buy an S3.

I just don't get it and it's annoying! sportifs2.gif

IMO the car should cost £23k inc DSG, Xenon's and a decent soundpack. beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh totaly agree, i recon it should have had recaro seats too. those half leather ones are naf reminds me of an old capri dung.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder if the seats are really half leatherette...

[/ QUOTE ]

could be

leather seats are nice when there new, but the sides and bolsters can deteriorate quickly. even tiping the seat forward creases the leather bolsters, and then the seats look old. thats where fabric seats win hands down, they wear realy well. which bright spark thinks its a good idea to put the leather bolsters on a fabric seat? whats the point?

I quite fancy one of these but I think I'd have to see one 'in the metal' before I decide to get shot of my 25th Anni. Stealer told me on Saturday they're not available to order yet. If they're anything like the 25th Anni they'll be snapped up in no time. Am I right in thinking VW are making only 1500?

[ QUOTE ]

Yours dealers are lying, they are definately available to order - I was at the dealers this morning, and was told that orders have already been taken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have they placed the order with the factory though Oli.

They might just be filling out order forms and taking deposits and them leaving them in an out tray.

IMO They won't fly out of dealerships... they'd say that about a 1.4 Passat if they thought they'd get your £££'s.

They'll be plenty of Anni's to go round 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder if the seats are really half leatherette...

[/ QUOTE ]

could be

leather seats are nice when there new, but the sides and bolsters can deteriorate quickly. even tiping the seat forward creases the leather bolsters, and then the seats look old. thats where fabric seats win hands down, they wear realy well. which bright spark thinks its a good idea to put the leather bolsters on a fabric seat? whats the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

cloth side bolsters are worse for ware especially the fabric VW are using at the moment on big bolstered seats..

Its been talked about on here a few times,

My local dealer said and i told him to not BS me and he knows better than too, grin.gif said factory orders are been taken now.

My father in law has just ordered an Edition 30 this afternoon. At 67 years old he decided to replace his aging Fiat Coupe Turbo with something of similar performance. The dealer has already taken 4 orders for the Anni 30. Delivery is anticipated for February - no surprises there.

Spec is as follows:

3 door

Lux Pack 1 (folding mirrors & surround lighting)

Armrest

Xenons

Ordered in the <font color="red">fastest colour</font> too wink.gif

I was surprised that Xenons weren't part of the Anni package crazy.gif

Hi, this is my first post on this site, just joined today as I have been reading this thread for a while, and thought my comments might be helpful to anyone looking to order.

I ordered an edition 30 on Thurs 2nd Nov. Have been given a week 50 build date with delivery in first/second week of January. Dealer said they were only allocated that one car (he also said other dealers would only have between 1 and 3), dealer very good, let me test drive a standard GTI as I had never driven one. Was v.impressed, although couldn't really put it through its paces on test drive! (Currently have MK4 R32, not really that mad on the new one so thought Id try a GTI, hope i've done the right thing!!)

A Warm Welcome to Tyresmoke! Although the GTI doesn't have that glorious sounding V6 and also the interior quality of the Mk4 is better in many opinions, the GTI is very sporty, agile, and great fun to drive.

I doubt if you'll be disappointed but it always come s down to individual feel for how you like your car to drive.

Naturally, we shall all look forward to your reports etc about your Anni when it arrives. 169144-ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...