• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Washed the GTi Sunday afternoon and it has been garaged since. Hoping for a dry day tomorrow, fingers crossed!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ian, you drive down from Bedfordshire for the Windsor Meet? Are you MAD?!?!? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sure do! My workplace is right on the eastern edge of Bedford, making for a quick getaway. My shift finishes at 6pm, hence the worst of the traffic has gone, plus most stuff is coming up the A1 north from London, not down.

Great meet, and excellent new venue. Mixed grill was indeed fantastic. Only downsides are that stupid traffic island in the car park that Peter almost came to grief on, and the mud! Spent the last 15 minutes cleaning my leather shoes - Meguiars products #017 #085 and #111 if anyone is interested....

Took the A1 home this time rather than risk getting caught by bridge replacement work on the M1. The A405 / A414 around St Albans is just heaven when empty! Also managed to pluck up the courage to have a play with the throttle and get the 205 moving for the first time this evening on a lovely huge wet roundabout coming back into Bedford. Like putty in your hands.

Didn't quite get the same drift angle as MOSE mind! Do you realise how close you were to the tree? Photographic evidence to follow....

Ian

Yep I do know how close I come to the tree cos I fecking hit it, but only slight cosmetic damage thank feck. It was either hit the adjacent tree with the rear end (would have been major damage) or quick brake and hit the tree in front. Still nothing a bit of glue cant sort out. yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="#666666">Roy </font>

Liked the white GTI very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="#666666">MOSE </font>

The GTi did look very very nice in white, but will have to see it in the daylight to make proper judgement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ambiguous. tongue.gif

Ian

What a great turn out 169144-ok.gif

I think we'll need some marshals and the top carpark roped off for the next one! laugh.gif

Good too see you all as usual. The V8's put on a good show as ever. FIREdevil.gif

Good luck Ben and hope you sort your DIS issues, see you soon beerchug.gif

JC thanks for the tips lets hope it's not so damp next time and you can finally get the S4 down!! 169144-ok.gif

Sorry I missed your 'moment' Mose but I'm not sorry we missed when you were backing out of your space.... blush.gif

BUB beerchug.gif

Well, I for one was very impressed at a) the turn out b) the pub c) the staff d) the food

It was most excellent of the staff to put all those tables together for us.. well dont them 169144-ok.gif Next time, we should book I think.

The view from my seat of the local wildlife was extremely pleasureable, and No Mose, I'm not talking about you.

Unfortunately, my whole evening was ruined my the fact it took me 2 hours to get back to Gatwick because they closed the M23 but all those info display boards could say was the M20 was closed...WTF, that's almost 100 miles away, what about the motorway that's 2 miles ahead. What made is worst was I was bustin' Flush.gif and when I decided to take an alternative route, that road was closed due to roadworks fekr.gif

Mose, did I miss an "incident"...hope not too much damage... I too had a bit of traction problem, but at least I was in a straight line going off up the road from the pub.

Anyways, great to see you all, can't wait for the next one, should be even bigger next time when people read how much fun we had here....(So long Crispin... you just can't compete any more buttcheeks.gif)

Drive Safe everyone... 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif