I've picked up my new car !!!

sidicks

[ QUOTE ]

dont understand the 2.8miles.... znaika.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

2.8 miles from dealer to my house.

I let my wife go for a drive this evening (supervised, of course !!!)

The car is awesome, the colour combination (Silver Grey exterior, Black interior with Aluminium silver trim) is better than I could have hoped for and it sounds superb.

I will get a proper drive tomorrow, and pictures in due course !!

Sidicks

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I will take some pics of the new car tonight and get them developed (put on CD - no digital cam as yet) and upload them tomorrow.

Give me chance, I want to drive the thing, not look at it !!

sidicks

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, ok, its just a bit boring looking at that sad little hatch-back you've got as your pic jump.gif

In a previous post comparing the S4 and the M3, I indicated that the M3 was quite docile below 4000 revs, and then really takes off, whereas the power in the S4 was more linearly distributed.

Well my recent experience, obviously still in the running in period, is that its f*cking fast below 4k revs as well !!

I wonder whether the dealers test car was a bit below par (surprising as that had 8,000 miles on the clock and was well run in, whereas mine has 30 miles now !!).

Sidicks

Must get some pics sorted..............

Yes I'll miss it - it was a great car, and if there is any snow in December / January I'll probably wish I still had quattro.

But no, I'm not dissapointed in what I've replaced it with.

Hope to get some pics sorted soon, but I'm soooooooo pleased with the colour combination (having never seen an M3 in Silver Grey prior to ordering, neither having seen the black interior with aluminium silver trim).

Regrets ?

Maybe the Sat Nav/TV would have been nice, but then again, so is having £2k in my bank account.

Why pay £650k for H-K upgrade when you end up turing it off to listen to the engine ??!!

Sidicks