DRIVERS DOOR DONT LOCK INTERIOR LIGHTS STAY ON ETC

paul_tdi

Someone may be able to shed some light on this!

Recently I noticed when I opened my drivers door beyond the first notch of the door spring the light in the door card went off and I would have to resync the electric windows to work on auto. Now get in tonight and interior lights stay on when the door is closed, no electric windows, alarm doesnt bleep due to the door not locking, I suspect a loose connection but does the door have a separate loom that may have come loose?

Also I have it setup to automatically lock the doors in motion, the drivers rear door will lock ok but wont unlock when stopped! Again I suspect it is the switch that says when the door is open or closed as when I lock the car with the door open it locks as if it were shut!

The car is an A4 avant 2002. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Paul

Sounds like it's the convenience module under the passenger seat. Similar weird things happened to my old B6 when I moved the passenger seat back rather sharply. Luckily it turned out to be a loose connection on the unit itself. Could have cost a couple of hundred quid if it needed replacing but Bedford Audi sorted it for nothing (I'd just ordered the B7 so they were feeling generous).

Thanks for the info!

Incidentally just been for a service at Audi and since they have done it when I hit my service reminder it just displays dashes it the readings instead of the usual days/miles in numbers till next service!

Great, take it for a service etc and it comes back worse off!

Good stuff! They should tell you eh! Was hoping to use it as ammo for more discount when the cambelt is done at 820 quid!!!

Martyn at VAGPARTS has saved me over 120 quid for the parts though so damage on the wallet will be reduced! Hopefully the labour wont be too bad as they have promised me at least 15% discount at the Audi stealer.

AH UBM strikes again! I used caps as I am getting a little hacked off with a few niggly faults appearing on the car equalling a dent on the wallet!

Turns out the loom had snapped between the door and the body of the car so no resoldered the breaks in the wire plus heat shrink hey presto job done! Beats paying the dealer! Would ideally prefer replacing the loom though to get the wiring 100%.

Still got the fault on the passenger rear door so will investigate that later!

Does anyone know how to get the door cards off? Thanks again for all your input, even yours UBM replaced the frown with a smile as always!

paul

[ QUOTE ]

AH UBM strikes again! I used caps as I am getting a little hacked off with a few niggly faults appearing on the car equalling a dent on the wallet!

[/ QUOTE ]

With respect, I'm getting a little hacked off at having to read the caps. Fear not, your post won't get read any more if you have caps - TSNers will post even if you title your post in egyptian hieroglyphics.

It just helps to keep the board tidy if we avoid caps 169144-ok.gif

Thanks

Apologies about the use of caps, I can assure you I was not after extra attention as I am aware that this is a forum where everyone will help out where they can. Did not mean to offend anyone. Unable to edit it now but if anyone can then please do!

UBM, is there any chance of a quick lesson in taking the door cards off?

I have removed the interior aluminium inlay and screws and the 2 screws behind the door pull..........

Many thanks, and apologies for the CAPS.

Paul

Before you take the door cards off make sure you get some replacement plastic clips, as when you start to pull the card away some of these clips will snap. They are about 33p each for your local dealer. There is a total of 7 screws that need to be removed, 4 behind the trim panel 2 behind the door handle and 1 at the bottom of the door. Start to remove the card from the bottom working your way around the side. Do not try and remove the card away from the door completely until you disconnect the plugs for the electric windows, speaker plug and the wire going to the door handle.

This info was from me removing the door cards off a B7 so I'm not sure if it's the same as the B6.

• 5 years later...

i was just looking through the forum for this excact problem and can confirm, well at least in my case it is the wires from the car pillar to the door i've just been outside and pushed it gentley and from a dead window control panel and interior light staying on its all back to normal !!!!!so it looks like i have a date with a soldering iron and heat shrink this weekend.Im not so surprised as it is quite a heavily used pivot point for so many wires to flex back and forth. i would prefer to replace the section of loom does anyone have any idea of cost and where too pick the plug up inside the car???