RedRobin gets Revo'd...

RedRobin

This has been discussed before and will definitely get discussed again, but undertaking at any speed does carry extra risks imo. I don't think the speed you do it guarantees a safer passage - A bike has more space to avoid contact. I might only do it after I have exhausted every other avenue and it's gone on for miles, but also ONLY if there is a third lane so I've got 2 lanes to potentially use. I did it once yesterday and when I came back into the overtaking lane the guy stuck two fingers up at me although I didn't cut him up. I calmly and gradually slowed to 60 and kept it there for a few minutes before leaving him and accelerating off into the far left lane. I doubt if he understood my message!

Some people find saying "Hello" intimidating from someone they don't know! So I guess that flashing (your lights!) might be intimidating. Probably better to have dipped headlights on all the time while making progress.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

(I don't like to tailgate, even with my good AP brakes)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be more worried about the gap behind you than the one in front ! grin.gif

With regards to flashing lights as i'm sure you found on the continent that they use their indicators over there ... oops sorry I was forgetting the GTi is the fastest thing on the planet so nothing ever needs to overtake ... silly me grin.gif

that's fine on paper but wonder what would happen if you needed to make a claim...

[/ QUOTE ]

As in with Morego? Do you think after over 20 years in the business they would risk there reputation?

If Adrian Newey trusts BBR to be let lose with 100K and his track day Elise they can't be bad. Any way still better than no waranty.

[ QUOTE ]

that's fine on paper but wonder what would happen if you needed to make a claim...

[/ QUOTE ]

As in with Morego? Do you think after over 20 years in the business they would risk there reputation?

If Adrian Newey trusts BBR to be let lose with 100K and his track day Elise they can't be bad. Any way still better than no waranty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see where you're coming from but look at the big manufacturers who are sometimes very reluctant to action claims. You could easily be left somewhere in a dark place between VW and Morego in the event of a dispute.

Morego told me if anything went wrong with the engine or DSG to take it straight to them and not evan both with VW. Oh and over 30 years not 20 and I've never heard of any negative feed back. Has any one else? You mod your car it's a risk any way. At least I'm not in a dark place from word go. Hopefully I've found a company to trust. If I was in that position with out a warranty you lot would be the first to know then the press (EVO for a start). Wouldn't do there sales any good. Then I'd have to get saving for forged pistons ect. So not the end of the world.

Robin, long-time-no-see mate, and I`m glad you`re liking the new Revo re-map.

I don`t know if you`ll remember, but when I had my GTI re-mapped (APR map, done by Awesome GTI), I was always raving on about it, and said that you`d be happy if you re-mapped.

I see you`ve now totally lost the plot ( grin.gif), with CAIS, Millteks, Koni`s, Eibachs..........etc.

Seems you`re becoming a modding "guru".

No, seriously, I`m pleased for you mate, and yes, the bug does get to you.

I`ve only had my Focus ST for a few months, and I`ve already re-mapped, got CAIS, a Milltek cat-back, and a Pro-alloy intercooler on.

Cars............don`t you just love `em. 169144-ok.gif

Had my GTI on the rolling road today - Three and a half weeks after being Revo'd Stage1. JKM had advised rolling roading her again later after the map had had a chance to settle.

The shape of the torque curve has improved in that there is a longer flatter plateau, though fortunately not exceeding the 300 ft lb limit for DSG. So torque comes in sooner and stays longer than the initial plot shows.

The power curve is also improved and continues higher towards 244 bhp from about 4,500 to 6,300 revs.

Whatever the numbers, she's a delight to drive. Acceleration from around 60 mph is quite outstanding - Very useful for overtaking and moving away from traffic etc. Even in the current very greasy conditions, although she'll flicker the ESP light, she's very manageable with a sensitive use of the right foot.

It would only cost me £50 to upgrade to Stage2 and around 265-270 bhp but quite honestly I'm very happy with the Stage1 driveability.

I can wholeheartedly recommend both Revo and JKM of Portsmouth, who are thinking about hosting a TSN rolling road day if we're up for it.

1032507-RED_JKM.jpg

post-10081-137914385939_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Blimey RR...I'm surprised you allowed Lottie & her Lesbian passenger climb all over you to roast your turnip with that remap........or did you just give in lie back and 'allow it to happen whilst considering a stage 2'? tongue.gifgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, sounds like another exciting episode in the life of Dr Love... grin.gif