Benefits of a Fuel Pressure regulator?

Drillslinger

Do you think it would help once chipped? I plan on keeping the K03, for cost purposes, but want to get it chipped, and am adding the turbo intake pipe sometime in the next couple months. I guess the main reason is, it was only $70 and I've been looking for cheaper mods I can make until I can get'er chipped. crazy.gif

I spoke to Oettinger about this and they said a 4bar FPR does make a difference in performance (makes it a little quicker) but it also reduces fuel economy.

The reason why A4 get bigger FPR is cos the engine is east/west design and the fuel has to travel longer through the pipes of the engine where the A3 it doesnt

Hope this helps, and i may also pick up an A4 FPR too (as i think itb will be much cheaper than a ABD one)

talk to Audi Drill and tell me how u go smile.gif

Excellent follow through Dude grin.gif I wonder about how much an A4 FPR is from Audi? The ABD one above is about USD 70. How does the damned thing hook up to the fuel rail anyway? I took a quick look before, and it looks like a square shaped fuel rail, whereas the FPR has a rounded nozzle confused.gif

Anyway, thx again for the info grin.gif

Actually, we were discussing something Costa found about a cheaper way to shorten the throw on 5-speed A3's. You simply replace the A3 linkage with that from the corespondind 5-speed TT to get about a 20% reduction in throw. I've done it to my A3, at the urging of Costa smirk.gif and it worked out quite well. I'm sure it's nothing compared to you S3 guys, but it made a difference in my car grin.gif AND it was pretty cheap, not to mention a DIY fix cool.gif

Just picked this thread up - if I'd known I'd have saved myself the trouble of posting on the "other" site!

Abt supplied me with a fuel pressure regulator with the uprated ECU some time ago.

OCT in the states who have supplied my mate with a new remapped ECU have also recommended that he fit a 5 bar regulator. I thought the standard was 4 bar before reading this thread.

I am still not clear about the performance or reliability benefits of this. Perhaps it is a question for one of the tuners.

shocked.gifDefinately dont want that happening !

Just had a look on APR's website they do short shifters - but not for the S3. frown.gifOh and they're a bit steep in price (£279 for the S4)

I think I'll live with the long throw for now.

Unless anyone knows of an easier/cheaper alternative??

An option would be to look into how long of a throw the TT 6-speeds have. I DOUBT that it would be shorter than that of an S3, but if you know, or could find someone with a 6-speed TT, maybe they'd let you check it out.

Also, look at www.neuspeed.com for the TT 6-speed short shifter, not sure of the cost, but it might be cheaper than APR's.