buying used RS6

lankyandy

Hello Andy,

The latest info I have on the cambelt is that it is due every 40k miles or 3 years whichever is sooner. There WAS a requirement for it to be checked every 20k miles, but that has been removed now.

Running costs: (if you drive mostly in a straight line and don't use the brakes much)

Tyres: £175 each at 21k miles.

Front brake pads £175 at 24+k miles

My discs should last until 30k miles

20k service £515

Servicing fixed, every 12 months or 10k miles.

17-19MPG

[ QUOTE ]

Wow.. that is amazing!!

i did my first set at 6000 miles grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

About the same for me, but they were the soft P Zero Rossos; I found Contis lasted about 10k miles. It was usually the outside edges of the fronts that went first, but then that's the joy of living in a rural area where you get chance to cane around some empty B-roads in the wilderness. cool.gif

The RS 6 does understeer a lot, and as Dave says, slow-in, fast-out can help, although that does mean you wear your brakes out faster (I had cracked my front discs by 11k miles!) if you like to late brake. You can also use sudden-lift-off oversteer or even dot the brakes on the way into a corner to get a bit of instant back-end out, if you've got the ESP turned off, but that is probably best left until you've got significant experience of throwing the 2-tonne sled about, as it can bite you in the arse, hard - I've spun an RS 6 from 70 mph (on a driving experience day, in the wet), and it's fecking scary how quickly it goes from progressive understeer to sudden and critical oversteer. Catching it on opposite lock without just making the pendulum swing of the back end worse each time is not easy.

[ QUOTE ]

i guess if yuor realistic that its a big car which isnt going to be nimble its almost a practical gt i guess.as some1 said 2mo supercar performance supercar running costs.what is the average servicing costs people are paying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo Lankyandy...so are you going to venture into RS6 ownership territory? They are huge cars in either saloon or especially Avant derivitive, they bring a smile to your face more often than enough...however beware that they command regular visits to the Shell watering holes and typically it will cost you £60 ish to fill up... 169144-ok.gif Good luck... beerchug.gif

Oh and check your keyboard out because your posts are deteriorating by the minute!!! grin.gifjump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

going back about the timing belt, i`ve had it confirmed today that the RS6 needs it changed every 3 years or 60k miles

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats saved you a few buckets of money dude!! grin.gif169144-ok.gif Rule of thumb and airing on the cautious side it seems that most owners get the belt changed around 36K to 40K.... coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Running costs: (if you drive mostly in a straight line and don't use the brakes much)

Tyres: £175 each at 21k miles.

Front brake pads £175 at 24+k miles

My discs should last until 30k miles

20k service £515

Servicing fixed, every 12 months or 10k miles.

17-19MPG

[/ QUOTE ]

My goodness, you're heavy on your car. My first set of tyres lasted to 24k miles and I'm still on the original brake pads at 28k.

Consumption is between 21 and 23.? MPG

Admittedly, with a choice of cars, the RS6 only really gets used for longer, mainly motorway, journies.

[ QUOTE ]

I've spun an RS 6 from 70 mph (on a driving experience day, in the wet), and it's fecking scary how quickly it goes from progressive understeer to sudden and critical oversteer. Catching it on opposite lock without just making the pendulum swing of the back end worse each time is not easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need a rear-engined rwd car to practice on!

In the current cool conditions it's taking ages for the tyres to warm up enough to have any significant amount of grip!

[ QUOTE ]

i got mine last saturday its a 53plate saloon, so far its been fine, build quality is excellent got most of the gadjets, and the sound it makes, but at the same point remember cambelt needs doing every 25000 miles which is at least £1000 plus, then the brake discs (drilled) are £250 each.

Do your homework if you find one you like check out the warranty work it has had done with Audi customer services, and its best to get one from a dealer as the warranty is a must

[/ QUOTE ]

53 Plate is overdue a belt change!!!

ROLLEY~14.GIFHas yours been done under the warantee?.

[ QUOTE ]

Na,it was done last October when it was nearly 3 years old, it was its fourth service, but only done 23k miles, i was looking at the receipt last week, with the timing belt and new brake discs and pads all round + the service it was a whopping £3653

[/ QUOTE ]

blush.gif

Good greef, I bet your glad that one's out the way. 169144-ok.gif