Henry52

I took everyone's advice and went along to my local dealer [bREEZE in Poole]to get them to check if I had the 6463 map fitted. They wanted £100 to tell me. Needless to say I still don't know, ain't paying that for 5 minutes work. Fortunately I bumped into a bloke who has Vag Com and arranged a have a plug in on Sunday. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Henry

.... calling Jimmy_P sekret.gif

£100 is quite shocking Henry - criminal in fact, as the 6463 was a warranty upgrade designed to sort out a recognised running fault.

Quite shameful behaviour from Breeze smashfreakB.gif

Hope you get some joy with the alternative VAG-Com route 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I took everyone's advice and went along to my local dealer [bREEZE in Poole]to get them to check if I had the 6463 map fitted. They wanted £100 to tell me. Needless to say I still don't know, ain't paying that for 5 minutes work. Fortunately I bumped into a bloke who has Vag Com and arranged a have a plug in on Sunday. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Henry

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't these the same outfit that wanted 19K for MK IV R32?

I'm here, sorry for the delay, right i know someone very well at breeze sekret.gif but yes they are really crap, if you want to go there again, let me know and i will have a word with someone and they will look after you, I had a chat when Mjcb went in and he had a good alround service from them 169144-ok.gif

In fact if you want it Vagcommed drop him a PM as he is around or PM me and i will ring him for you. He can also tinker with some settings for you like her did for me and i now have the range till empty on my display and my needles glow red all the time now...many thanks to Martin 169144-ok.gif

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

My intention was to wait untill I get a Vag Com reading of a mate, hopefully on Sunday and then if it isn't fitted I can assure you the s--- will hit the fan if they don't fit it for free.

Cheers

Henry

[/ QUOTE ]

If you need proof to show these idiots at breeze that its a warranty job then give me a shout Henry and ill email you a copy of my 6463 upgrade note.

Cheers

Tim 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

My intention was to wait untill I get a Vag Com reading of a mate, hopefully on Sunday and then if it isn't fitted I can assure you the s--- will hit the fan if they don't fit it for free.

Cheers

Henry

[/ QUOTE ]

If you need proof to show these idiots at breeze that its a warranty job then give me a shout Henry and ill email you a copy of my 6463 upgrade note.

Cheers

Tim 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't mind seeing that as well, I am sure they didn't upgrade mine when I asked last time, its having is 40k service next week and I want them to show me on the system that is has had the upgrade.

Hi Jimmy p thanks for the info and help, as a fairly new VW owner I find there is a vast contrast between the people that own them and the people that sell them. I have had an offer from someone [barry] to do a scan tomorrow [sunday] at the VW meet at PC World between 3 and 4 pm in Poole. Did you know about this? If it doesn't happen, an if you don't mind, I'll get in touch for a reading and I'd definately be interested in the range till empty mod. As for the needles glowing, one of the first things I did when I got the car was to have the Instrument panel lights, radio and a/c lights come on when you start up cos it was so difficult to see them during the day.

tspar thanks for the offer, but I,m confident crazy.gif that I will have a positive result tomorrow. However If you see a grovel thread tomorrow it'll be me.

Cheers

Henry

I've posted it on another thread but just to let people know, Barry did do a Vag Com for me and yes I do have the 6463 map. It took him all of one minute to be able to tell me I had the 6463 map, which makes it even more discusting that VW wanted £100. He also did a scan, there were no faults stored. Another lad showed me how to change to annual servicing. So all in all a good day.

Cheers

Henry