Please Help

Have done some searching but i can't really find an answer to my question

Am thinking of putting in a dvd player and dvb tuner in to my 07 gti with stock satnav (fitted from new incase it makes a difference??) but i'm told a will not be able to watch tv or dvd whilst moving my local shop said i can get a picture in motion cable or something to cure this but thats £250!!! i've seen some people have made some sort of switch to cut a signal or something to allow picture in motion????? didn't really want a switch but it's better than giving £250 just for picture in motion, maybe i'll just hide it somewhere thats out view but accesible, any thoughts? is there any instructions anywhere on how to do this is this the only way? my local shop seems to think this isn't possible with an 2007 gti and you must buy the picture in motion cable so if there are some instructions i'll send them a link , what can i do any cheap and easy ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Don't know if it's the same on the VW sat nav (MFD2?), but on the Audi sat nav (RNS-E) using a VIM (Video In Motion) adapter causes the navigation to become irregular and jumpy - because it "breaks" the speed signal to the sat nav.

On the RNS-E you can get people who have special equipment to do an unlocking operation that enables VIM WITHOUT "breaking" the navigation. If this is possible on the MFD2, that would be a far better thing to do. If your local shop doesn't know anything about this, then start searching on the VW specific sat nav forums.

The switch method only works on older sat nav system that have a separate speed signal, on the newer ones the speed signal is carried as a message on the CAN bus.