S6

pile

Anyone here got/driven the new S6 ?

If so what do they average on mpg, what are they like to drive/comfort. Got to say that they look very very nice but would only be interested whenthey become a good used buy ....... how long do you think i will have to wait till they drop further ?

P.S do you think that V10 is going to be reliable ?

Thx all

I would say it is the worse riding Audi I have ever driven, it manages to crash over cats eyes ffs!! smile.gif

Also not very fast, the avant was no quicker than the DMS 535d Scott, and I managed to get just smidge over 14 mpg from my test drive, I had the car for the whole morning and took it back after and hour.

I actually prefer the 4.2 S-Line.

He must have a Friday RS4 then as it wasn't very quick at all, to be fair though I had been driving the CSL for a week or two so that was my comparison, I remember it feeling a little lathargic compared with that and not as quick as the 535d.

I am off to find the specs.!! smile.gif

Says 5.4 seconds to 60mph on the Audi site, so probably 5.2, 5.3 in real life???

I seriously don't think it is any better than that, and definitely not RS4 quick. But then if the RS4 is 4.8 or so, in real world conditions is 5.3 going to leave a big gap? When you see the videos of the M5 and the RS4 they are not that far apart, and everyone says the M5 is far faster.

[ QUOTE ]

I had the car for the whole morning and took it back after and hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, I wasn't thinking of buying one but the dealer asked me to take it for a while to compare it to the rest of the S range.

When I came back and said no thanks one of the sales men started jumping up and down because he'd won the bet that they were all having between themself as to how long I could stick the car before I brought it back and dumped it grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone here got/driven the new S6 ?

If so what do they average on mpg, what are they like to drive/comfort. Got to say that they look very very nice but would only be interested whenthey become a good used buy ....... how long do you think i will have to wait till they drop further ?

P.S do you think that V10 is going to be reliable ?

Thx all

[/ QUOTE ]

I have driven one for about a week, averaged 19MPG, saw 24MPG once crawling at 60MPH, ride quality is hard/thumpy, it feels most road imperfections, performance is brisk without being earth shatering. Mixed driving should return 20MPG but short runs are expensive.

Overall I would give it a miss until the RV drops. 169144-ok.gif

Engine should be very reliable IMO