RNS-E - Bluetooth Retrofit for Audi A4

Greatings from Down Under

Background

I just picked up a new Audi A4 FSI 2T Quatro. I specifically ordered the SatNav, which cost a fortune to have fitted and was a factory order. In Oz you have to have the TV version hence the price. Anyhow the salesman convinced me that the bluetooth was crap on the Audi fitted system and I should get an aftermarket "parrot system" fitted which I foolishly agreeded to not realising it is "stuck on" the beautiful dash like an ugly carbuncle.

I have been told you cannot retrofit bluetooth to the car MMI system because the "harness" they put in during it's construction does not allow this? I am struggling to understand why, if I have all the hardware and part of the software ie the address book, a bluetooth phone connection cannot be retrofitted. The Audi dealership said I need to have a factory fitted cradle put in the centre console glove box and it cannot be retrofitted.

Question

Is it possible to retrofit a bluetooth to the car so I can use the phone function. I have a multifunction steering wheel that is set up to work with it, had I opted for the cradle in the glovebox?

If so can you recommend a make of Bluetooth system?

I thought I would ask before I kiss good bye to the carbuncle and live with the ear-piece.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.