rolling on 19s

scouse

hi all. needed some new rubber and a refurb on my original alloys but was offered by a friend a set of 19s 1 ,omth old from his mark 4 2.0 gti , backs fit fine needed a 3 mm spacer for front s a local garage told me that this might affect the 4 motion set up is this possible if so should i put 3 mm spacers all round all the tyres are new and of the same make thanks

Shouldn't be a problem for such a small spacer. I run 10mm spacers on the rear 19s and on standard Aristos had 10mm at front and 15mm at rear with no problems. Might be worth getting hubcentric spacers, although not vital for 3mm (or 5mm as IIRC this is smallest spacer)

Some might argue its putting stress on driveline components but if you're not regularly tracking the car, don't think will have long term problems. I would consider running spacers all round as you may find you'll upset the handling if you only do the fronts.

What wheels did you get? Get some photos up!

they are a 19 inch set of mirrors on the move they look amazing in the flesh , my originals are getting refurbed to a titanium finish as they where scuffed by a previous owner my pet hate arghhhhhh! plus i need 2 new tyre and they do not come cheap as you all know will get some better pics when the weather improves