Bluetooth Kit

Hi all just wondered what you all use for bluetooth in your Audi's.... Cant really justify spending £350 to upgrade my RNS-E Unit as i dont use the phone that often in the car...

Halford are selling a Parrot Kit for £99.99 and doing a free install are they any good ?????

confused.gif

Cheers........

I was wondering the same actually... I have heard the Parrots are good but I was also looking at the Sony Ericsson HCB-400 (Replacement for the 300) anyone got experience of these?

P.s. the reason Halford's are offering a free install is because you will have to save the money for a new dashboard when they are done!

laugh.gif

I think it depends how much time you spend in the car & on the phone if it is a lot then the full kit with integrated SIM contacts etc. must be superb.

I don't use mine so much & have the basic Nokia BT kit - I have "integrated" it somewhat using the car speakers & installing the microphone in the head-lining - a lot depends how OEM you want it to all look too. With my BT kit you still have to use the phone to look up numbers & dial etc. so its functionality is far from the Audi kit however for the odd call it is perfectly adequate (though a bit inconvenient & technically illegal if you don't have the person you want to call on speed dial)

I have put a order in for the Parrot CK3000 Evolution, as it has had really good reviews, plus it only needs an adaptor cable and it is straight into the MK5 golf stereo (Autoleads SOT-076 incase anyone else was looking!) The only extra thing you need to do is tap the fuse box for a switched ignition power...

Please see this link if you have done this before!:

Switched Ignition Feed