ipod console or multi-cd player????

I am trying to spec a new A3 and I am having trouble deciding whether to go for an ipod console in the glove box or a multi-cd player. I have heard that it is best to go for the cd player but as long as it plays MP3 files.

Has anyone got any views or experiences?

Cheers

I have no experience of the audi ipod thingy, but I have specked ipod on my golf. saves burning discs, and the tracks will already be on your computer, so may as well transfer straight to ipod, and have lots more tracks.

Not sure of functionality (track name etc), so long as i can change track, I am happy beerchug.gif

Neither the Audi/VW iPod interface OR the glovebox CD changer will display track names (or any form of CD text) due to limitations in the (very old) design of the CD changer interface.

The glovebox CD changer will NOT play MP3s, only the CD changer built-in to the Symphony II+ (not the Symphony II) will play MP3s.

I've got the ipod link and love it. I do miss the CD function but the Audi changer I had wouldn't play any burned CDs, so that made things frustrating. Ipod holds every bit of music I have and its all there. Playlists set up for different trips and moods and away we go.. ECLIPSe.gifgrin.gif