Just bought an RS4 - satnav / stereo / TV queries

Adam

Just done a deal on an RS4 saloon and can't wait till it docks in a few weeks!

Car was already specced but it had everything I was after + a few things I was not so have a few questions.

Car has tech pack so has a CD changer in glovebox. I have heard someone on PH who seems to work for Audi say the following:

The IPOD and 6CD changer use the same channel on the DVD sat nav amp so there is no factory option to have both. However, I should be able to arrange a neat aftermarket switching arrangement for you.

Anyoen know what this clever thing is?

Re. the TV - anyone know whether the analogue tuner could be switched to digital in the future? Also how is the TV tweaked to play on the move (woudl like to listen to sound whilst driving occasionally?

Final question - anyone know if side / rear blinds can be retro-fitted? Want ot avoid having to stick a stupid cats face to my window to keep sun off baby. blush.gif

Very useful thanks.

Raysmith tool looks good although ouch at cost for what is basically a freeview box!

So an RS4 is not MOST fibre optic cabling? Some Dension sellers seem to sell a MOST version as the latest one. If the 400 is the one I need then so be it.

• 4 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

Final question - anyone know if side / rear blinds can be retro-fitted? Want ot avoid having to stick a stupid cats face to my window to keep sun off baby. blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the retrofit blinds from Nelson and fitted them last week. IMHO they look much better than Halfrauds ones, but not as good as the factory fit ones (but fitting them would mean new door trims and a price tag of over £1000!).

Typical photo only instructions so the first one took 30 minutes and the second one took 5 minutes!