New Autoglym Aqua Wax

Tarmac_Terrorist

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm - I think Nathan sprayed something like this onto my Golf when he was over sorting out my Cayman.

Whatever it was - it was applied as you suggest and it was very good - he mentioned it was not available via retail so if it is - I will have some!

Is this a genuine top up product to compliment say EGP or UDS or SRP.

Or does this contain surface cleaners that will remove significant amounts of LSP??

I kinda want to give it shot but i something that removes LSP is just going to sit on the shelf!!

Does anyone use the Alloy Wheel Seal?? I quite want to give that go.

Geoff

[ QUOTE ]

Or does this contain surface cleaners that will remove significant amounts of LSP??

I kinda want to give it shot but if its something that removes LSP is just going to sit on the shelf!!

Geoff

[/ QUOTE ]

geoff - I tried the alloy wheels seal last week. Bit early to report if it's any good as it hasn't even rained here since. But one negative point is that it is an aerosol and it says all over do not get on the brakes at all. Can't help think a pot of product would allow a thicker application without the brake contact risk.

Hi Geoff,

I use the Alloy Wheel Seal weekly and have been quite impressed. It buffs up nice and seems to stop grime and brake dust getting ingrained - normally dirt wipes off quite easily.

After reading the warnings about getting it on the brakes, I started by applying it to a cloth first. However, I now feel confident enough to spray it directly onto the wheel spokes...

Mind you, on the 18" Monza II GTI wheels, the spokes are really wide so hitting the target isn't too difficult. I would say as an estimate that if you had spokes less than 2 inches in diameter then you'd struggle to hit just the wheels with it. That's my guess anyway!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I kinda want to give it shot but if its something that removes LSP is just going to sit on the shelf!!

Geoff

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been using the AG alloy wheel seal for a few weeks now. It is a little difficult to control being in an aerosol but I often spray liberally onto a cloth and then apply. My car covers few miles so never really gets that dirty or build up of brake dust. However, it leaves a very smooth shiny finish on the wheels and based upon the water repelency when I wash them next, I'm pleased with this product so far 169144-ok.gif

The wheel brush is very good. sometimes you do miss bits with it but doesent matter as its never on the area that need most scrubbing ie inbetween spokes. I cant wait to use this new cutsom wheel stuff looks. By the wat Geoff i would say theres better stuff out there at similar prices when it comes to the alloy wheels seal.

Hi AVCE, i gave the wheel seal a pass having got PB wheel Wax etc. I dont have any big spoked wheels so it thought it might become a bit of a pain to use.

The wheel brush is more of just for fun, im hoping i can stab it in to the hard to reach parts the megs brushes dont get too!!

I will let you know what the results are when i get them this week!!

Geoff

Geoff,

I used to use AG Alloy Wheel Seal but found PB Wheel seal to be far more durable and dependent on whether the inners of your alloys are rough non lacquered removing dust from the AG on rough surfaces didn't work where with PB it does it everytime with a MF cloth wrapped around my megs alloy brush.

PB lasts 8 weeks easily on my alloys whereas AG would only last 4-6 max. and the RS4 brakes pads / discs do kick out a fair bit of dust.

[ QUOTE ]

Geoff,

I used to use AG Alloy Wheel Seal but found PB Wheel seal to be far more durable and dependent on whether the inners of your alloys are rough non lacquered removing dust from the AG on rough surfaces didn't work where with PB it does it everytime with a MF cloth wrapped around my megs alloy brush.

PB lasts 8 weeks easily on my alloys whereas AG would only last 4-6 max. and the RS4 brakes pads / discs do kick out a fair bit of dust.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have recently put 3 coats of AG srp, egp and poorboys wheel wax on the inside and out of my wheels.......am I only going to get 8 weeks out of it after all that scrubbing and cleaning ? shocked.gif