Discounts on A5/S5

Merlot

rubbish! there is no way that a a dealership would raffle off it's cars to a leasing company just to get a "unit". these cars are good news for us, high in demand, and limited in terms of supply. no way i can see any dealer giving them a car, just so in turn they can discount them to make a deal....just don't see it....maybe im wrong!

I'm sick of this 'no discount' philosophy. I have bought a number of Audis' over the years at launch for discounts (and I'm talking about performance models). It just depends on how you negotiate....and no its not taken off my px because I rarely px.

If Autoebid are offering it then I'm sure they can deliver it but I guarantee you I'll get more next year if I buy one.

[ QUOTE ]

rubbish! there is no way that a a dealership would raffle off it's cars to a leasing company just to get a "unit". these cars are good news for us, high in demand, and limited in terms of supply. no way i can see any dealer giving them a car, just so in turn they can discount them to make a deal....just don't see it....maybe im wrong!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you maybe wrong there mate.

I dont' want to belittle what you say as you have the party line but front end and rear end margins are so high on Audis' that someone is going to take a bit off to get a sale. The TT is easily discountable but most punters go and see one or two dealers only. That's lazy and means they pay list price.

[ QUOTE ]

I dont' want to belittle what you say as you have the party line but front end and rear end margins are so high on Audis' that someone is going to take a bit off to get a sale. The TT is easily discountable but most punters go and see one or two dealers only. That's lazy and means they pay list price.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the dealers, my local won't knock a penny off either a TT or RS4 list because they know they can shift them all(at list) so why would they need to offer anything.

If you do some legwork then you might get a discount, but personally I don't see many dealers will be willing to offer one on the A5/S5 at launch.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sick of this 'no discount' philosophy. I have bought a number of Audis' over the years at launch for discounts (and I'm talking about performance models). It just depends on how you negotiate....and no its not taken off my px because I rarely px.

If Autoebid are offering it then I'm sure they can deliver it but I guarantee you I'll get more next year if I buy one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It's gibberish. Think it's people convincing themselves they've got the best deal they can.

Have had a discount off all cars - including "S models" at launch etc. No p/x either.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It's gibberish. Think it's people convincing themselves they've got the best deal they can.

Have had a discount off all cars - including "S models" at launch etc. No p/x either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you are saying. At first you appear to disagree but then agree. Which is it?

[ QUOTE ]

My local dealers tell me that the A5/S5 is not to be discounted but autoebid already have 3-4% off (discounts on TT too). That wouldn't be enough to tempt me - I'll probably wait for next year for 7-8%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was autoebid that I used about 7 years ago for a Lexus IS200 sport. I got a very good discount through them when most Lexus dealers were offering next to nothing. At the time they were in very high demand. They put me in contact with the dealer and from then it was as pleasant as any new car transaction can be.

No disrespect to Ali but Listers are usually very tight with their discounts, and have lost quite a few sales from me. I did give Worcester a chance with the S5 but the sales chap their couldn't do anything for me (except a supercar day confused.gif) even though I give him discount in my shop. It was obviously not his decision though as he did try with his manager.

The most I've managed is 1% off and a supercar day with another local dealer. I'm just waiting to see what my finances are like after I've moved shop premises and house, which is all happening in the next few weeks crazy.gif

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

I was offered a discount on the TT 2.0T roadster!! grin.gif

Not much mind you - but a discount all the same 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I really meant the Coupe. The Roadsters are available and you can get (small) discount on those. But 2.0t Coupe...no way.

[ QUOTE ]

Fair enough 169144-ok.gif

Are you really saying you can getno discount whatsoever??

I enquired about them when they first came out and was again offered a small amount off 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

(Off A5/S5 topic...oops)

Yes, the 2.0t coupe is in huge demand vs supply for the UK market now. If anyone has been offered one with any discount (and not just a poverty spec red one!!) they should get the car bought on the spot!! 169144-ok.gif

Any new 2.0 coupe TT ordered now would be for September at the very earliest, later being the norm in my experience.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I enquired about them when they first came out and was again offered a small amount off 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

(Off A5/S5 topic...oops)

Yes, the 2.0t coupe is in huge demand vs supply for the UK market now. If anyone has been offered one with any discount (and not just a poverty spec red one!!) they should get the car bought on the spot!! 169144-ok.gif

Any new 2.0 coupe TT ordered now would be for September at the very earliest, later being the norm in my experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats not huge demand. its typically 8-12 weeks to build anyway.

plenty of used ones around too with very low mileage.

anyone that can't get a discount doesnt know how to haggle very hard.

IMO.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

(Off A5/S5 topic...oops)

[/ QUOTE ]

thats not huge demand. its typically 8-12 weeks to build anyway.

plenty of used ones around too with very low mileage.

anyone that can't get a discount doesnt know how to haggle very hard.

IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll explain further. If you called around any number of Audi dealers and tried to get a 2.0T TT coupe you would be quoted a wait of between 3 and 15 months for a new car to your spec. In sourcing new TT's for clients we have Audi dealers with allocations that allow for delivery within 3 months but you will find the average is far longer in reality.

There are some used (not a lot at all given the amount of cars sold) for sale now but they are nearly at list or just under-hence why most people want a new car. If a used TT 2.0 is being sold for much under list it is more likely to be a poverty spec/"poor" colour example.

Getting a discount on a new 2.0t TT is not about ones ability to haggle but finding a dealer who has allocation and will deal on something that in reality doesn't need to be discounted in the first place. Why would anyone selling a quality service or consumer good/s in strong (genuine) demand give away profit for nothing? They don't need the sales that much...

However in all this the proof is in the eating of pudding. I'd love to hear from anyone who has bought a new 2.0TT Coupe and can prove they got a discount. If they did all power to them....but I suspect not many have or will for the time being.

All IMHO 169144-ok.gif