THE TYRESMOKE SUMMER BARBECUE

Ari

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rain didn't stop play and although many people didn't make it, it was a good meet as always. Anyway, no food went to waste with John_Carter present EEK2.GIF

Good to see you again, Ari - Long time no see. And your vivacious lady 169144-ok.gif - She's got a good sense of humour.

Also great to see a couple of new faces at their first TSN meet. Hope you didn't feel left out at all on the other table, Mook, but your projected wit was as good as ever 169144-ok.gif.

Sun came out and the road back across country to Wimbourne was particularly smooth and 'interesting'.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i bet i`ve got the dirtiest car there today

[/ QUOTE ]

....You'll be hard pressed to beat Mook on that one! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have won that one hands down today - feck, that thing's dirty. Being sorted out this week before it's sold. I think it's blue underneath... tongue.gif

Sorry if you pitched up wanting to get away from laughing kids - my two had a great time.

Oh, and the food.... 169144-ok.gif

beerchug.gif

....I was sorry you didn't make it T_T [no-one else was! grin.gif] - It's a while since we had a chat.

I didn't see anyone take any pics but johnny's 5yo daughter grinning behind the wheel of daddy's huge stealthy RS6 would have made a great pic. I was a bit worried when I heard the twin turbo'd V8 suddenly spring into life!

[ QUOTE ]

what would of made a great pic what when she fell off the fence and ended up upside down in the puddle, she got so embarassed about.

[/ QUOTE ]

....Mummy would have loved that pic too! grin.gif - Great evidence of how Daddys look after their kids compared with Mummys.

Well it had all the makings of a great meet. The weather actually came good (we had a fantastic drive home with the roof down in the sunshine) and the pub did us absolutely proud with a terrific spread of food and a really nicely laid out private room just for our function FOC.

What a huge shame therefore that out of the circa 50 people promised to come and catered for by the pub, I think about 9 people actually managed not to be suddenly unexpectedly unavoidably waylaid and actually make the effort. crazy.gif

Couple of photos, didn't seem much point in taking any more...

1185128-TSN07005%28Medium%29.jpg

1185128-TSN07008%28Medium%29.jpg

1185128-TSN07007%28Medium%29.jpg

post-169-137914402612_thumb.jpg

Well the mini has been playing up for a few weeks but did me the honor of getting to the meet with many moments of joy. However when it was time to go home the little rascal wasn't at all happy, and just before I got to the tail backs for the accident I'd dropped to firing on 2 cylinders so managed to pull into the services just outside Ringwood to have a wiggle of the wires (HT leads). This corrected the fault but upon exciting the shell garage the head gasket decided it was time to blow and dump my radiator contents into the engine.

So this resulted in true John Carter style decision making of leaving the mini outside the little chef and going for tea grin.gif

Top marks to Castle recovery, most professional recovery service I've used to date, Nick your a star 169144-ok.gif

Anyways, was a fab day really even with the annoyance and my few snaps are as follows :

1185158-tsn.jpg

1185158-carter1.jpg

1185158-carter2.jpg

post-2698-137914402614_thumb.jpg