Auto Motor & Sport Video

SBJ

[ QUOTE ]

I think the tdi is the obvious choice here, can't see a single reason to own the S5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two reasons, that V8 engine sound is amazing and the drivability of petrol over diesel will make many people want the S5.

I'd have the S5 over my current TDI order if petrol was cheaper and the MPG was better, but coupled with its higher price, the TDI is the sensible option for me.

Simon

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I think the tdi is the obvious choice here, can't see a single reason to own the S5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two reasons, that V8 engine sound is amazing and the drivability of petrol over diesel will make many people want the S5.

I'd have the S5 over my current TDI order if petrol was cheaper and the MPG was better, but coupled with its higher price, the TDI is the sensible option for me.

Simon

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3.0tdi is now doing the sprint to 60mph in 5.9, so that would be down to around 5.2 after a remap. The Audi S cars have always been a bit of a pain with their short gearing and I can't see things changing with the S5 so no benifit there, and I don't think that the V8s even sound that great, I was disapointed with my S4, I was expecting alot more, and that was after the Milltek.

I will definitley take one out though and hope the DSG isn't too far off as I would think a DSG S5 would make far more sense, but unless things have changed dramatically I would think the diesel would be the more fun. It even sounded quite nice in that video.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Simon

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3.0tdi is now doing the sprint to 60mph in 5.9, so that would be down to around 5.2 after a remap. The Audi S cars have always been a bit of a pain with their short gearing and I can't see things changing with the S5 so no benifit there, and I don't think that the V8s even sound that great, I was disapointed with my S4, I was expecting alot more, and that was after the Milltek.

I will definitley take one out though and hope the DSG isn't too far off as I would think a DSG S5 would make far more sense, but unless things have changed dramatically I would think the diesel would be the more fun. It even sounded quite nice in that video.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep If I were to entertain one (which I wont) it would be the diesel.

I am looking at the Lexus IS-F and B3 alpina

Both will be quick wink.gif