And finally.............undeniably great !

encee

Thanks for your comments Reverend, and yes, you really MUST get yourself into one, you won`t be disappointed.

As regards a CS, again, I would have had one like a shot, but it`s all down to availability, and also the time I had at my disposal to go looking around for a suitable one.

It has been a bit of a "quest", to be honest, trying to find one, and having now dealt with Gareth over the finance, I would go down the route, next time, of having him source a car for me from the outset.

As it was, I`d already found the car, and paid my deposit, before I even asked Gareth to become involved.

People have also enquired as to why I didn`t opt for SMG, and again, I did look at that, but it was all dependent on the right car turning up.

What you`ll find, once you start looking for one in earnest, is that decent ones can be hard to come by. Okay, pretty much all of the AUC ones are good in any case, but you`ll also find that they want more than a premium price for them.

Good luck ! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Bunnyhops from cold - I've only had my CSL since January or so, but I've honestly never experienced this...

...is the CSL know to do this as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

from my experience I only used to get this on my CSL with both the sport button on and if you drive off straight away when the engine's cold. I now leave it running for a few mins before setting off and only drive in sport mode when the amber lights are off.

Hmm, admitedly I rarely put the sport button on to start off with... maybe thats the key. Certainly nothing to do with my driving skills!!!

Can I ask an off topic question? Those of you with a CSL - what cars enter your mind as a possible replacement? The only things I think I could be persuaded by (that I could feasibly afford) would be a 996 turbo (I know the consensus is they are soft in comparison, but if I was getting out of the CSL I would prob want the change). Taking £££ out of the equation, the worst new car I would swap it for would be a Gallardo.

If you are anything like me the CSL has ruined one of your fav hobbies - dreaming about other cars...

[ QUOTE ]

Hmm, admitedly I rarely put the sport button on to start off with... maybe thats the key. Certainly nothing to do with my driving skills!!!

Can I ask an off topic question? Those of you with a CSL - what cars enter your mind as a possible replacement? The only things I think I could be persuaded by (that I could feasibly afford) would be a 996 turbo (I know the consensus is they are soft in comparison, but if I was getting out of the CSL I would prob want the change). Taking £££ out of the equation, the worst new car I would swap it for would be a Gallardo.

If you are anything like me the CSL has ruined one of your fav hobbies - dreaming about other cars...

[/ QUOTE ]

Fully agree with that last comment! I tend to make up my mind up about a car before I have even entered the showroom and that has left me with little options! grin.gif

I love the idea of a 997 GT3 but wouldn’t want to pay much over £60k for one and that time is along way off going by current prices! The 996 dosent do it for me, I much prefer the CSL to anything from that generation. As I have said before I was massively disappointed with the Turbo. Before I drove it, it was my dream car...

The new M3 is a very strong contender and I will leave the option of that open until more reviews are released and I get a test-drive. But if there is a whiff in the air of a new CSL, dependant on price (could be £70k+) ill take that without even a test-drive!

I am very smitten with the CSL I never imagined when I bought it how good it really was. After owning it for 8 months its still surprising with its abilities and teaching me a thing or 2 about driving. In a dream world I would keep this car, and get something else for the days I want a bit of a quieter journey.

• 1 month later...