Golf Mk IV Colour Concept

si5000

Hi guys,

I've seen a really nice 2.0 (110bhp) Colour Concept )Futura Yellow) i'm considering, but 110bhp from a 2.0 sounds pretty awuful to me!

I'm changing from a 160bhp Fiat Bravo HGT and thinking i'll miss the power.

Is the 2.0 110 easily tunable?

Can anyone recommend any particular mods and power gains?

No NA engine is easily tunable, not like a turbocharged engine, and I would always say if you're looking to add more power to a car right from the start then you should be looking at buying a standard car with that power in the first place.

I would suggest the 1.8T as he engine to go for....unless you can afford the R32 that is.

With the 1.8T you'll easily see 200 hp with a chip.

The 2.0 is what comes in the New Beetle - and is very tunable, just not very cheap to tune, because all the serious mods add turbos, etc.

I dont think in the Colour concept that you get much choice either - I think they werre all 2.0 models, like you say it is a shame.

THing to bear in mind though that the car is quite unusual (esp if it has the yellow and black trim instead of all black) it might be worth considering an engine transplant in the future.

[ QUOTE ]

CRAP!! Well in that case, I'd recommend getting your ass offline and enjoying your day home jump.gif

jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No day off fella, I was at work! But you'll be pleased to know it's a pleasent 22-25 degrees C here, which is quite refreshing after 36 degrees in Dubai!!

I'm well chuffed I'm off to my first ice hockey game tonight....it's a hard job I do yelrotflmao.gif

• 4 weeks later...