Audi S2 - Coupe or Avant

shark_90

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Totally unfettled at present. A high miler but perfect for what I want it for. Full details are:

1994 L

230bhp ABY 2.2 I5 Turbo

6 speed

Dark blue (is it Indigo Blue?)

Blue leather (needs a retrim)

Alarmed and immobilised (even has the rare factory fit Audi remote locking!)

Sunroof

Air con

I think that's about it. It has the rubbish A4 "Breadloaf" airbag steering wheel, so that's got to go. Also the exhaust will be Milltek'd before long as the one on it is looking a bit tired and dropping a little lower than it should. The bodywork needs some attention too, but I think with some effort with the Porter Cable and a bit of paintwork on the bumper it'll be spot on. Other than that, it's quite a tidy car.

I'm going to keep it standard for a while, so I can learn how to drive it, and then the mods begin. The rough plans are:

Xenons

Milltek

Suspension

Brakes

Engine mods sekret.gif

In that order.

Should be a weapon when we're done with it.. if it's possible to ever be "done" with an S2 grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Totally unfettled at present. A high miler but perfect for what I want it for. Full details are:

1994 L

230bhp ABY 2.2 I5 Turbo

6 speed

Dark blue (is it Indigo Blue?)

Blue leather (needs a retrim)

Alarmed and immobilised (even has the rare factory fit Audi remote locking!)

Sunroof

Air con

I think that's about it. It has the rubbish A4 "Breadloaf" airbag steering wheel, so that's got to go. Also the exhaust will be Milltek'd before long as the one on it is looking a bit tired and dropping a little lower than it should. The bodywork needs some attention too, but I think with some effort with the Porter Cable and a bit of paintwork on the bumper it'll be spot on. Other than that, it's quite a tidy car.

I'm going to keep it standard for a while, so I can learn how to drive it, and then the mods begin. The rough plans are:

Xenons

Milltek

Suspension

Brakes

Engine mods sekret.gif

In that order.

Should be a weapon when we're done with it.. if it's possible to ever be "done" with an S2 grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude....splendid news!!!!! beerchug.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif Respect!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Good for you Shark it'll be great fun I can promise you that, but the first mod on the list should be the remap.

[/ QUOTE ]

No point really mate, as it's going to be heavily modded anyway. I will find out what Ben wants to do with the mapping but if it has top be done twice I don't want to have to pay for it twice! wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't actually had my hands on it yet fekr.gif

That was taken in Sports Tech's yard tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hats off to you dude.....that is still considered to be the epitomy of Audi's finest most sorely sought after Avants complete with a smattering of Porsche knowhow.. 169144-ok.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Well the story so far is chequered... Ben (Sports Tech) got the car up and running, met up with me at M1 J25 in the car, and I followed him back to the workshop. The car was really moving, until we got into Ilkeston and on came the hazards and he pulled over into the verge..

Knackered fuel pump! smashfreakB.gif

Not a problem though, with the planned engine work I needed to uprate the fuel pump anyway, so I did a bit of research and I have to give massive thanks to Teesside Autotech who had a pump in stock and sent it for a Saturday delivery. Ben rang me this morning and told me when he got into the office at 7:20am there was a courier waiting for him with the pump jump.gif Ordered at 4:15pm and arrived at 7:20 ready to fit.. excellent service beerchug.gif

So, I'm going to have another go at picking it up today yelrotflmao.gif

Excellent to hear you have taken the plunge and gone for it Ben. 169144-ok.gif

Looks like quite a project, but it sounds like you have checked out the mechanicals and deemed it sound - bar that fuel pump!

Very much look forward to seeing it at Windsor. Air AND sunroof is rare on an RS2, let alone an S2. Does it have carbon trim per chance? Reference the xenons, I'm sure you are well aware Martin from vagparts runs an S2 [or at least used to] and still offers a HID kit.

Ian