2nd Multitronic Gearbox failure

bubba

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know my multitronic gearbox failed (terminally) back in March. It was replaced under warrenty. Felt some juddering under acceleration, so took it into Poole Audi last Thursday, guess what, they have replaced the multitronic again smashfreakB.gif but they now say they can still feel a vibration at a particular rev range, so are doing more investigation !!!!! Phoned Audi Uk, said not happy, car has only got 40K on it - what should I ask for as compensation ?? Anyone been through similar and got loads from them ???

lol, that was lucky. I had a gearbox replaced on my old Leon Cupra R and got a free service (major 20k) for my troubles. If you dont ask you dont get.... if your keeping the car I'd push for this as they can be a big cost around 40k. I made a big deal out of it saying it had ruined a weekend away etc etc coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about an RS4 for the weekend or something !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The chances of getting one of those out of Poole Audi are less than my chances of winning the F1 championship this year tongue.gif

At the end of the day, it's an issue with Audi, rather than the dealer. In the past and over the past week, I've found Poole Audi to be great 169144-ok.gif

My Multitronic went after 82 miles. Took a month to get a replacement. In the end I got £150 of Audi vouchers. Which was OK in my case as even though my car is leased I can use them to service the wifes A3.

Even if you get the same I'm sure somebody here would take them off your hands for a bit of a discount against face value.

I have not mentioned that the oil pump also failed in February of this year, resulting in half the engine being rebuilt, new turbo and new exhaust system. Then the 1st multitronic in April, now the second in July ... so if they offer me vouchers then they can kiss my arse. Car has been at Poole Audi for 8 days now, and they still don't know what is wrong.

Poole Audi have been really good and I'm not knocking them, especially Victoria, she lurvely. But as far as I am concerned they are also a representative of Audi.