Drifting like no other....

_Tone_

[ QUOTE ]

I just don't get drifting. Probably because I've never managed to hold the R32 sideways for more than 10 seconds or so on a track - the hairpin at Croft is the easiest for this 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

EEK2.GIF count out 10 seconds and then think of that time spent sideways in a car..... 10 seconds sounds like a very impressive bit of sideways action to me!!

I reckon the chase car must have been a Porsche Cayenne or Range rover - looked high up.

The Carrera GT and M5 were not driving that fast - irresponsible for sure but very skillful!

I have never driven on a proper race track - whats the surface like - is it quite grippy - or is it easy to slide?

[ QUOTE ]

I just don't get drifting. Probably because I've never managed to hold the R32 sideways for more than 10 seconds or so on a track - the hairpin at Croft is the easiest for this 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

10 seconds - that is impressive. Best I managed was a complete lap of an oval in my brothers old 2-stroke go-cart... in the wet on slicks. Never pointing vaguely in a straight line at any time. ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

EEK2.GIF count out 10 seconds and then think of that time spent sideways in a car..... 10 seconds sounds like a very impressive bit of sideways action to me!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It was p*ssing with rain, totally wet track and pretty feckin scary, especially when it decided it might like to start fishtailing...

Did a track day in the S2K the other day in the pi*sing rain.

No sideways action for me - just instant no warning 360's and 720's. SAUER0421.GIF

One big spin was just coming off the main straight at circa 125mph, it just decided to do the most balletic perfect 720 sraight past the pit wall with everyone looking on. Things were not so seemingly serene inside the car I can tell you dung.gif

Had 4 big spins in the first 4 laps - could barely get out of the car at the end I was shaking so much...... blush.gif