Taxing query

jamief

Picking up an A8 from dealer tomorrow, they are taxing for 6 months for me.

However tomorrow is 28th July, it isn't August till Wednesday.... I presume this means my 6 months tax will in fact become 5 months tax + the 4 days remaining in July. Any way round this?

DON'T drive it without tax - you'll effectively be uninsured EEK2.GIF

Your options are to either swallow the cost of a month's road tax being lost for the last few days of July, or wait until Wednesday. The dealer normally won't let you go without it being taxed, primarily to avoid any comeback on them. If they do, you'll probably have to sign a disclaimer.

I know when I would pick up the car - tomorrow and forget losing a month's road tax. Much more fun going out in a new toy over a weekend.

Have fun in your new toy 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

DON'T drive it without tax - you'll effectively be uninsured EEK2.GIF

Your options are to either swallow the cost of a month's road tax being lost for the last few days of July, or wait until Wednesday. The dealer normally won't let you go without it being taxed, primarily to avoid any comeback on them. If they do, you'll probably have to sign a disclaimer.

I know when I would pick up the car - tomorrow and forget losing a month's road tax. Much more fun going out in a new toy over a weekend.

Have fun in your new toy 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.... not worth the risk is it. It works out that I'll lose about £12 or something...not the end of the world laugh.gif, and I'd much rather tax it now and enjoy driving it this weekend than waiting till next week! Cheers guys smile.gif