A Couple of Audi MMI TMC Questions.

At long last, I have the TMC working on my C6 DVD MMI HIGH equipped Audi A6. MMI SW is 3460 (Thanks CraigyB 169144-ok.gif) and the Nav disk is version 2007 (4EO 919 884 AL)

Question 1: Pressing the info button gives a list of problem spots. Some, but not all of these reports have the road number in a coloured box before them, for example a report concerning a motorway would a blue box with the Motorway number in it. Recently there have been reports for the Dartford crossing, but these reports have had the blue motorway icon with 'M58' against it. Being familiar with the M58 I know it's nowhere near the Dartford crossing. Does anyone else have this problem of the wrong road number icon showing up against the report?

Question 2: When I start navigation of a route from Sat-Nav, all of the 'triangle; TMC reports turn from red to grey. If I stop navigation, or reach my destination, they turn back to red. Does this happen with yours? If so, do you know why? I've RTFM but can't seem to find any reference to it.

confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Question 2: When I start navigation of a route from Sat-Nav, all of the 'triangle; TMC reports turn from red to grey. If I stop navigation, or reach my destination, they turn back to red. Does this happen with yours? If so, do you know why? I've RTFM but can't seem to find any reference to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't have an active route then all the TMC icons will be red.

If you have an active route then TMC icons for incidents on the route will remain red AND be "shuffled" to the top of the list, TMC icons for incidents NOT on the route will be grey and appear below any red icons.

This is explained in the RNS-E manual, I don't know about the MMI manual.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't have an active route then all the TMC icons will be red.

If you have an active route then TMC icons for incidents on the route will remain red AND be "shuffled" to the top of the list, TMC icons for incidents NOT on the route will be grey and appear below any red icons.

This is explained in the RNS-E manual, I don't know about the MMI manual.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the explanation PetrolDave. 169144-ok.gif

• 3 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

Question 1: Pressing the info button gives a list of problem spots. Some, but not all of these reports have the road number in a coloured box before them, for example a report concerning a motorway would a blue box with the Motorway number in it. Recently there have been reports for the Dartford crossing, but these reports have had the blue motorway icon with 'M58' against it. Being familiar with the M58 I know it's nowhere near the Dartford crossing. Does anyone else have this problem of the wrong road number icon showing up against the report?

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I'm getting to the bottom of this problem...

When I put the 2006 Nav disk (4EO 919 884 AF) in, when you press INFO, reports show all roads with the correct icons. smile.gif

When I put the 2007 disk (4EO 919 884 AL) back in, roads show with an incorrect icon, or no icon at all. frown.gif

I guess then that it's something to do with the TMC database on the 2007 disk. confused.gif

A trip to the dealers, unless anyone has any other suggestions....

[ QUOTE ]

This was after I pointed out that the software was already at 3460, a concept which they didn't really understand. ROLLEY~14.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Most garages barely understand the mechanics of cars, as soon as it's electronics or software they are totally out of their depth...

An example, in 2003 I had a faulty TV tuner on a 1 week old S4 (as an electronics engineer with over 30 years experience it was obvious that the TV tuner was forgetting its settings) but Audi UK insisted on swapping the RNS-D (under warranty) - the problem was still there so they then agreed to swap the TV tuner (also under warranty) - and the fault went away! Cost to Audi UK? - one unnecessarily swapped RNS-D, cost to me? - 3 wasted trips to the dealers for "diagnostics" and RNS-D swap, cost to dealer? - 3 unnecessary days loan of a loan car and 3 sessions of Technician/Master Technician time.

• 6 months later...

Picked up my 2007 A8 yesterday and again roads show with an incorrect icon, or no icon at all. frown.gif MMI is @ 4220 this time.

The NAV disk in the car when I collected it is 2007 (4EO 919 884 AL). A phsically different disk to the one I had problems with in the A6 but exactly the same version.

I think it's fair to say then that this problem affects 2007 Nav disk version 4EO 919 884 AL. I'll be badgering Audi to replace it with 2008 version.

• 1 month later...

I've had the same issue, my C6 had a service today and the loaner had a 2008 disk, no TMC issue and M'Ways listed against the traffic reports. I had already asked them for an update, the simple answer was £100 you need a update.

Melchoir have you had any luck with Audi?

• 3 weeks later...

Result!

After being fobbed off by the dealer I contacted Audi UK. They didn't understand the issue and after a couple of days again tried to fob me off saying that a few disk was given, but that ended in October. (They we referring to the RNS disk).

Anyway after pointing out their mistake I finally got the dealer to take a real look, turns out the issue is flagged in Germany, so they ordered an updated disk and now everything works.