How far from the box?

Hopsta

37" 6-9ft

42" 7-11ft

50" 10-15ft

If everything is HD you can drop one size down.

But take that with a pinch of salt, we have been a nation of 21" sets at 15ft for years. wink.gif

if you are mainly regular TV and DVD with a bit of hd gaming it is really hard to recommend anything other than the Panasonic PX70 range, the 37" is awesome, the 42" doesn't loose out hardly anything picture wise and makes up for it with a bigger image and the price is just fantastic.

Just read the amount of ex LCD owners that have bought one after giving up with the Samsung, Sony and Sharp LCDs because they have had judder or cloudy back lighting, motion blur etc. etc. They are all blown away by the quality in comparison.

Don't get me wrong LCDs can be great, with certain material and for certain conditions and situations, but when you see you can pick up one of these for £850 ish and some places are doing buy now pay later or interest free they look a bit of a bargain.

Thanks guys, popped into John Lewis leccy section, just as I was passing (honest wink.gif. I'm thinking that with my size room a 42" would be too large and look too over bearing. 37" could do the trick however. All purely research and academic at this stage.

The pedestal stand is quite bulky, so its worth knowing its the same stand for the 37" as the 42", the mounting posts just bolt in different places.

Make yourself a cardboard template and see how it looks or Some Curry's have a Panny Brochure that folds out to show the differing sizes in full scale.

I am fairly confident that if you went for a 37" you would soon wish/realise the 42" would have fitted, and the cost between the two sizes is negligable.