SatNav in a D2

SneakyMcC

• 2 weeks later...

Garmin stuff is good - I have an old GPS V from the days when satnav had no voices and it never sent me wrong. And since I now use it for mountain biking its been bounced, thrown, and used as a landing pad countless times... and still comes back for more (and at 17st I'm not light to land on it!)!

Of course time moves on and I now have NavMan F20 - fairly basic, no bluetooth but since I have a full Parrot carkit anyway that doesn't bother me - besides, damned phone won't work in the car anyway!

The NavMan will work in the car without an external aerial but it takes ages to find a signal (15minutes+) so I use an external aerial mounted to the lower right corner of the windscreen and run the cable under the bonnet and through the firewall (what a job that was!). The only other way to get it to lock on to a signal was wait with it outside the car till it had lock, then take it into the car - seemed to hold lock fine after that.

Just mind your missus doesn't do what a mates did - heavy rains, lots of water about, BMW 130i M Sport (1 month old) and 30inches of water in a ford..... because 'Tom tom told her to...' ooo.gifcrazy.gifsmashfreakB.gif

And yes the farmer who came to pull her out did do this... 1.gif