Hatton Vs Mayweather Bout Deal Verbally Agreed!

fizzbitt

I cant wait for this fight for me the best fight a British fighter has been involved in for too long. Although I cant see Hatton winning I will be supporting him all the way. I cant beleive who Warren was trying to get him to fight (Gavin Rees) trying to turn him in to Joe Calzaghe.

I can see Hatton winning, if he's at his very best.

If he's not, he'll lose on points. I cannot see Mayweather KO'ing him.

He'll need to stop Mayweather to win though. There isn't a hope in hell of Hatton getting any sort of decision in Vegas. He'll know that of course.

The reason Hatton stands more chance than almost anyone else that Mayweather has faced, in my opinion, is that he's spot on when he says that Loudmouth has never faced anyone like him. Tszyu was a phenomenal fighter, and when he fought Hatton (whilst probably a little down on form due his not having fought for a good while) everyone witnessed something they thought they'd never see - a pound for pound great being pummelled and put in so much pain that he didn't want to take any more. Hatton absolutely destroyed him physically and mentally.

Mayweather has started all the pre-fight rubbish in his true form. Slating, rubbishing and generally laughing at anything to do with Hatton. But I don't think he fully appreciates what that does to a man like Hatton. If anyone has listened to Hatton's recent Radio interviews they'll know what I mean. He is a very relaxed, almost jovial, very focussed fighter right now. He is able to recount every comment Mayweather has said of him. He then gives a little giggle, and says very little. Then, towards the end of 3 interviews of late he has been asked about why. In each instance he said the same thing. "I'll do my talking in the ring, then we'll see how keen to chat he is afterwards - if he can".

Hatton is seething. He knows Mayweather is the best (though personally I think Calzaghe is the best pound for pound) out there according to most. He knows this is his chance to shut every single doubter in the world up. The last time he had that chance was when he retired Tszyu.

If he's 99% - he'll lose.

If he's 100%, I think we could have one the greatest boxing upsets of all time on our hands. I'm hoping and praying we do, because if there is a man who brings boxing down to a level where it doesn't need to be, who is the consumate arsehole, who has never shown an ounce of respect for anyone and who has genuinely (in my opinion) tried to duck Hatton - it's Mayweather.

Don't forget - the Mayweather camp didn't want this. They thought Hatton would turn it down. It was only a stupid bluff that caught them out, and Mayweather has had no choice but to stand up and be counted.

The Ring magazine have made their opinions clear on it - this is the most dangerous fight of Mayweathers whole career, and sceptics will tell you his retirement was borne of a wish to avoid it and go out undefeated.

I do hope he's speechless after the fight. grin.gif

..and preceded by Joe Calzaghe putting Kessler on the floor within 6 rounds in my opinion (albeit a good bit earlier than Hattons fight with Mayweather).

Then, the other american, Taylor, will have to come out and fight a man who he's scared of.

The difference is that Taylor doesn't stand a hope in hell against Calzaghe and I think you'll see a true ring great announce to the world that he's the best there has ever been at his weight. The man is phenomenal.

The end of 2007 could be quite a period fo British boxing - either way.

p.s. I don't know if anyone saw Fight Night recently, but they had a very rare meeting between Eubank and Benn. They fought at Calzaghes weight of course. Both, without hesitation, said they thought Joe would have beaten them. His fellow pro's know just how good he is and it was a pleasure to hear two men associated with bravado and arrogance (albeit Eubank more than Benn) acknowledge they're happy he wasn't around when they were!

To be honest with regards to Eubank, since he retired he has been humble going by what i have seen.

I personally can stand the guy but he does amuse me now and again with his antics outside the ring. Seem him around Brighton numerous times with his monstrosity of a truck.

Calzaghe and Kessler is as you say going to be a big one and i almost forgot about it as i have been consentrating on the Hatton V PBF saga. smile.gif

I believe that Amir is also going to be on the undercard of that fight and he has also had one hell of a wakeup call after his last encounter. (hope he doesnt become another Prince Naseem!)

As you know people call Calzaghe a 'slapper' and i can see why with some of the combo's that he throws and also his wrist is always a big factor in how he performs in a fight. Fingers crossed he wont damage it too much so then Taylor can meet him in the next battle should he get through Kessler.

I aint seem too much of Kessler in terms of watching his fights but he deffo seems strong and will test Joe. As you say... this year has and is going to be great for fans of British boxing. smile.gif