GSXR750

Veracocha

ben%20bike%20002s.JPG

Have been enjoying this bike for a few months now and it is pretty awesome! I was split between this and an R1 and although I love the looks of the R1 I think the GSXR has the handling edge; the straight line difference between the two will only tell after 130mph or so.

Overall the only real complaint i have is that the rear brake is terrible and not even worth the effort! It also gussles petrol compared to my old R6.

I'm thinking of getting smaller sprockets to shorten the gearing a bit as its pretty long as standard. Has anyone done this on the K6-K7...I dont want it to turn into something that wants to power wheely on half throttle like the R6.

True Lee, if i go ahead with it i will get a speedo healer to sort out the accuracy.

I was considering either blue and white or black but this one came up and it was the right one so went for it.

The one thing I miss about my 01 R6 is that I didnt care about damaging it so could have a bit more fun without worrying so much.

Good point, didn't think of the speedo healer.

I've had a similar rear brake issue before, this was due knackered pads, probably caused by over zealous chain waxing.

New pads, some fresh fluid and a braided line bought the brakes right up to scratch on the old Honda. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Overall the only real complaint i have is that the rear brake is terrible and not even worth the effort! It also gussles petrol compared to my old R6.

I'm thinking of getting smaller sprockets to shorten the gearing a bit as its pretty long as standard. Has anyone done this on the K6-K7...I dont want it to turn into something that wants to power wheely on half throttle like the R6.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean a bigger rear? I put a 42 tooth on the SP' (40std) great mod and livens it up no end! As for wheelies yes of course you have to be careful but you just have to re-learn to ride the bike a little.

As for the rear brake, do people still use them? confused.gif

I take the John Hopkins view on rear brakes, they should be painted red and marked "emergency use only" grin.gif

I doubt I'll ever change the rear pads in my bike.

Love the Gixer by the way 169144-ok.gif

BUB beerchug.gif

The bike looks sweet in black too! How much was the can and have you mapped it to get more power?

May leave off the larger rear sprocket - just wish 4th, 5th and 6th were a bit shorter - you can do something like 175 (on the clock) before having to change up to sixth....that's what ive been told anyway wink.gif.

Will have to change to braided hoses as the R6 had them and it made a difference to the initial bite meaning less effort was required.

Can't wait to get this little baby on the nurburgring!