Anyone heard of a Diesel TT ????

DanG

I was speaking to a dealer in New Jersey whilst in for a service and he said that he had recently been to the Audi north America HQ and seen a TDI TT in testing.

Now we often see Audi vehicles with 'Vehicle Manufacturer' plates in our area, presumably due to the extreams of temperature and humidity. Minus 25C to +39C and 100% humidity etc etc.

We also get tons of BMW and Mercedes tested in winter as their HQ is just down the road.

He said that is was definately a diesel with quattro drive train. Interesting that this comes at a time that BMW have announced a 200hp 2 litre TDI....

Diesel vehicles are certainly not popular in the US (also low grade fuel too) so I can only speculate that it is for the European market.

Or he was mistaken and it was a very ropey running FSI engine ! crazy.gif

So has anyone else heard of this? would this be using the R10 technology perhaps?

Makes sense i supose. confused.gif

There has long been talk of a diesel variant Mark II TT - when I went to a showing of the Mk II last year at Audi's holding facilities, one of their senior bods said they certainly had plans for a diesel version, and I guess it will be aimed at the European market. With the amazing diesel engines they are building it could be a great car, especially if the full power can be unleashed. 169144-ok.giftongue.gif

I guess it makes sense given the amount of power that is being obtained from diesel engines these days and the vast levels of torque too.

Add to that the increased MPG and you're on to a winner.

All the investment and R&D that went into the R10 must have produced an interesting 'sports coupe' type engine!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...