Build Slot / Delivery date shock

mikel5

Got a phone call from the "friendly" salesman today - turns out that despite having to plonk down £4K on top of the original £1K deposit in mid May with incredible urgency ("you must spec today or lose your place", etc) my confirmed delivery date is now Jan 2008. Not the Oct/Nov, possibly Sept that was promised.

Appears that there is no batch system for the dealers despite the sales talk, so their first car arrives in Oct (why not Sept?), second car in Nov. The 3rd car (mine) arrives in Jan.

This is a major dealer in the South East...what will it be like at smaller dealers and why is there so much secrecy/confusion??

Poor sales process I think - there was no need to spec my car until Nov, when i could have driven a demo car and also by then not a long wait until DCT. I have cancelled my build slot and am reviewing options. Will be some interesting discussions later this week with the dealer.

Any similar experiences out there?

[ QUOTE ]

Got a phone call from the "friendly" salesman today - turns out that despite having to plonk down £4K on top of the original £1K deposit in mid May with incredible urgency ("you must spec today or lose your place", etc) my confirmed delivery date is now Jan 2008. Not the Oct/Nov, possibly Sept that was promised.

Appears that there is no batch system for the dealers despite the sales talk, so their first car arrives in Oct (why not Sept?), second car in Nov. The 3rd car (mine) arrives in Jan.

This is a major dealer in the South East...what will it be like at smaller dealers and why is there so much secrecy/confusion??

Poor sales process I think - there was no need to spec my car until Nov, when i could have driven a demo car and also by then not a long wait until DCT. I have cancelled my build slot and am reviewing options. Will be some interesting discussions later this week with the dealer.

Any similar experiences out there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike my local dealership has offered me a slot!!!!

I have not made any indication to them of wanting the M3, although I have been on there books for some time!!

Very strange. confused.gif

I have advised I don't want any car without first driving it for a good DAY.

[ QUOTE ]

I've got a build week at the beginning of October and have only paid £500 so far. Rest of the ££ due on delivery. Does anyone know of anyone getting a car at launch or later in September?

[/ QUOTE ]

169144-ok.gif

Merlot, you did well £500, is good by all accounts.

[ QUOTE ]

I've got a build week at the beginning of October and have only paid £500 so far. Rest of the ££ due on delivery. Does anyone know of anyone getting a car at launch or later in September?

[/ QUOTE ]

Know quite a few getting the first customer cars on 8th September 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

AudiJ, When was your build confirmed? Get the feeling that proper confimation from BMW is very recent...and bad news in my case

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not followed it up Mike, they rang me agian wed 1st and offered me another go, I said please no more offers I will need to recoup the RS4 money spend first, millionaire I ain't yet cool.gif. blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky them! I guess they will be built next week then?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky them! I guess they will be built next week then?

[/ QUOTE ]

if not already built...