Glad to be back

mrfirepro

I'm very pleased to say 169144-ok.gif that I am finally back in an S8 ECLIPSe.gifafter a break of nearly a year. Sadly my last S8 (I'm sure you will remember the vomit comments on the interior)was not replaced by another Audi.

Anyway I have seen the error of my ways and will be picking up a new s8 this weekend and I can't wait.

Even now I'm planning my first mods (with a little help from Craig). It's great to be back in a car that has a following and forums like this one.

As soon as I get it I'll post some pics, and look forward to the next meet.

As Craig said it's a D3. Previous car was a Cayenne Turbo, and to not put too fine a point on it, it was dung.gif toilet. If you think Audi Stealers are bad, just buy yourself a Porsche and the Audi dealer will never seem quite that bad again.

The electronics in the Porsche are so far behind the times, I had more up-to-date systems in my 1999 Mercedes, which in it's self was a 10 year old system.

Thanks for all the comments, it really is great to be back. Looking forward to the next meet.

I'm obviously biased, but I can't wait to get back in an S8. My old S8 was by far the best car I have ever owned.

The new ones do look fantastic and I am really looking forward to trying the new ceramic brakes, to see if they are all there cracked up to be. I'll let you know

Craig, better get your wallet out then, you know you want to. The deals around right now are stonking, it seem that they have good stock levels, that are not moving.

I have made a couple of what I thought were silly offers and blow me down, one was accepted.

Your just trying to make me feel better. I must admit that the vomit comment on the photos were justified. However in the flesh it was not that bad.

I am pleased to say the new S8 has a standard interior (grey) so I'll have to wait until the end of the current S8 for more colourful interiors SAUER0421.GIF.

My old S8 went to auction and a garage in Iver near Slough is trying to sell it for £16K. I can't see them getting that for it.

[ QUOTE ]

It is good to be back. Wild horses wouldn't keep me away from the next meet. See you there 169144-ok.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there should be plenty of wild horses under that bonnet of yours! 169144-ok.gif

Just out of interest what is the power output of the D3 S8?