Ipod/mp3 CD/Hard Disk

michaelbug

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to play all of my mp3's on my stereo in the S8, I have an ipod but I havnt seen a way to connect the ipod to the stereo apart from the radio frequency ones and I wasnt impressed with the performance of these in the past.

Anyone have any ideas as I dont really want to be carrying a big stack of CD's with me.

It is a 2002 final edition and I dont really want to rip out the sat nav/cd player thingy.

Thanks in advance

MB

[ QUOTE ]

Ive got the denison thingy in mine. Works a treat and you can still use the stereo controls to change tracks etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

which one have you got?did you fit it yourself?if so was it easy?how much did it cost?... sorry for the barrage of questions smile.gif

I fitted a dension to my D2 with the Satnav+ unit. Its a piece of pi$$.

I didnt bother with the dash mount cradle and just sat the ipod in the glovebox as didnt want to advertise the fact to thieving scum. You just simply remove the head unit, unplug the cd connection and replace with the dension connection.

Theres plenty of wire with the dension unit and just feed it through into the glovebox. Simple as that. The most time was spent driving to Halfords to buy the 4 keys required to remove the Satnav+

Unless they have changed the model / specification it is not possible to view the music details on the Satnav screen.

[ QUOTE ]

I didnt bother with the dash mount cradle and just sat the ipod in the glovebox as didnt want to advertise the fact to thieving scum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had it too - Totally agree with the glovebox install. I started with the cradle because I thought seeing the track names would be cool, but what wasn't cool was taking it out everytime I stopped and putting it in the glovebox !