Shell Vpower Diesel.......

cosmicblue

I 'accidentally' filled the 3.0Tdi Cab with the new and expensive £1.00+ per litre Shell V-Power diesel fuel on Saturday morning:

So for the soot chucker drivers amongst you a warning....not all Shell diesel pumps are equal anymore, some have diesel fuel that is as expensive as Super Unleaded petrol.

As luck would have it I'd covered the thick end of 450 miles on a tank of the regular 'cheap' stuff so I ended up putting in very nearly £52 worth of fuel.

Well is it any different?

The engine is noticeably quieter at idle and not much else - the blurb I found on the web suggests that better fuel economy will offset the extra cost.....we shall see!

I've used it for the last two months and I'm not sure if I can tell the difference. I'm reluctant to say the engine is quieter on the move, or emits less smoke, or is more responsive, as I'm not sure if it's all in my head as I try to justify the extra expense. I'd need a blind taste test to be sure. smirk.gif

I recently went on holiday to New Quay (from Liverpool) and I drove very conservatively on the main roads/motorways (60mph) and my mpg for the week appears to be slightly improved.

I've not worked out if it's enough of an improvement to compensate for the extra 6p per litre, but on the face of it it isn't.

However, Shell advertise it as having more of a performance boost, than an increase in mpg (unlike BP do). But I almost always have my wife and son in the car, so don't drive particularly aggressively anyway.

I'm going to give it a few more months, see if I can spot a difference in my average mpg. Then probably revert to just the odd tank to 'flush the system'.

TSN V-Power Diesel Thread